𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

∗

"So tell me my dear." Grandma Vinny said while grabbing Elia's hand in hers. "Have you find any suitor?" She asked, knowing the real reason why she wanted Aelianna to enter this specific season.

"Nana, there's this man.." she started but being interrupted by a knock on the girl's door. Both women turning to look at the doorway. Elaine and Adelié walking inside the room.

"Are you telling a story sister?" Elaine asked while placing herself on the bed, her mother sitting beside her.

"I'm telling nana about Benedict." She told them a small smile on her lips and remembering all the good time they both spend together.

"So his name is Benedict." Grandma Vinny smirked looking at her granddaughter.

"Benedict Bridgerton..."

The next morning, Daphne Bridgerton was walking beside her maid Rose. Both ladies making their way towards the Duke who was standing outside the Ice cream store. "So, I was thinking about us doing something different. The ice flavors here are divine, yes, but, well, perhaps the two of us..." Daphne started once she was next to the Duke.

"I shall not be joining you today, Miss Bridgerton. Nor tomorrow, nor any longer, for that matter."

"What can you mean?"

" Is it not obvious?" Simon asked her.

"Apparently not, if I require your further elaboration."

"You now have a bevy of suitors at your disposal, and I've been afforded relief from mamas and daughters alike in order to conduct my affairs in peace whilst remaining in London. Thus our arrangement has succeeded, Miss Bridgerton."

"Stop calling me that." Daphne whispered with hurt clearly on her voice.

"These very circumstances prove..."

"What are you doing?" She asked again.

"...our ruse should hereby need to end." He finished.

"Have I done something wrong?" Daphne asked with tears gathering on her eyes.

"No." He simply stated.

"Then tell me why."

"You have the attentions of a prince. He is perfect for you. Your brother was correct. I am and always will be a rake. Before I corrupt you any further..."