𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

∗

It has come to this author's attention that the ton is abuzz with a most sordid tale.

It is said one cannot judge a book by its cover.

But in the case of the bumbling Baron Berbrooke, it seems his displeasing appearance is quite an apt metaphor for the state of affairs in his household.

I would not be surprised if Lord Berbrooke were called away to the country on alleged Business which, perhaps, might involve sending some much overdue funds to one former maid and young boy, who we can only hope takes after his mother.

Dearest gentle reader, it is often said that those who marry in haste must repent at leisure, a sentiment that is clearly shared by Miss Aelianna Veuilleton and Miss Doahne Bridgerton who had apparently rejected not one, not two, but three proposals already this week.

Some believe they are showing admirable
forethought in their deliberations, but I would venture a different conjecture, that they, like this author, are still waiting on the only suitor of note.

"Daphne, have you thought about with whom you would like to dance at tonight's ball?" Violet asked her daughter who was taking a seat next to his brother Benedict in the couch.

"I have some ideas. Lord Weaver is a fine dancer."

"Lord Hardy was asking about you at White's last night." Anthony commented.

"Lord Hardy? What about the duke?"

"The duke has not proposed, Mama."

"My dear, why ever do you complicate matters so?You must simply marry the man who feels like your dearest friend." Lady Bridgerton commented.

"Is that it, Mama? Well, how very simple indeed! Daphne said ironically.

"Yes, quite." Her mother laughed. "What about you Benedict?"

"What about me, mama?" Benedict asked, his mother sighing loudly.

Classic music, long dresses and ladies ready to find a husband. As the Veuilleton family arrived tonight's ball, all eyes were on Aelianna. She walked slowly in front of her parent only to met Lady Danbury talking with, Daphne, Violet and Benedict.

"Lord Bridgerton." She vowed.

"Miss Veuilleton, you look lovely this evening." He said with his usually charm smile. "Would you like to take a walk?" With a nod from her head the pair stepped inside the dancing floor.