𝚃𝚎𝚗

∗

I have always thought that an appreciation of the arts is what lifts us beyond mere animals.

It stirs the passions and moves the spirit, and, this author hopes, inspires more newsworthy pursuits.

A new wing at Somerset House
is to be opened today, where several attractions will be on display like the lovely Miss Marina Thompson, newly recovered
from her mysterious illness and expected to finally rejoin the season.

Of course, there is today's royal attraction as well, Prince Friedrich of Prussia.

His Highness has come to our shores
in want of a fine Fräulein.

Could this be the reason a certain language tutor has been seen visiting Cowper House all week?

"Miss Anna Vaughn. Speaks several languages, I hear." Lady Bridgerton told Anthony, trying to fin her a debutante. "Miss Mary Egglesfield. She's meant to be quite the reader."

"Were I looking for a list of debutantes and their dubious accomplishments, I could have stayed home and read Lady Whistledown." Anthony replied, unhooking his arm from her mother and entering the room.

"That's enough from you." Violet whispered as she tried to take Benedict's arm.

"No, no, no." He said while wiggling his arm to be out of her mother's grip. "Lia is over there." He continued finally being out of Violet's grip and approaching Miss Veuilleton.

"Quite dull, would you not agree?" Penelope asked her two friends who were watching a painting in front of them.

"It is terribly familiar, yet I am sure this is the first time I have seen it." Elaine commented, while scrunching her nose.

"That is because, like all of these paintings, it was done by a man who sees a woman as a decorative object." Eloise told them with a scoff.

"They are like..." Elaine train off. "Human vases." Eloise finished.

"Help me." Marina whispered to Penelope who was walking behind the three girls, with Lady Featherington.

"I think my mama is calling me." Penelope said trying to reach Marina.

"She is busy with Miss Thompson." Elaine said.