𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

∗

"Good morning, brother." Entering the lord's Bridgerton office, Benedict greeted. A knot on his stomach, and his heart pounding loudly on his chest.

"Benedict." Anthony greeted from his seat on his desk. "What can I do for you?"

"I was meaning to talk to you about something."

"Does it involved Miss Veuilleton?" He asked with an arched eyebrow.

"Well yes."

"You want to ask me for your permission before you ask for her hand, Am I right Brother?"

Benedict's hands were sweating, he wasn't relieved at all. He had wonder if he asked his older brother he would feel less pressured, but that wasn't the case, so he just nodded.

Anthony took a deep breath and ask him to sit in front of him. "Benedict, I want you to be completely honest with me." He started. "Why?"

"Why?" Benedict scoffed. "Is this some kind of joke?"

"Not at all, Benedict." Anthony responded, leaving the letter he was writing behind and focusing on his brother's answer. Placing his hands together on the desk.

"Anthony, I just want to know if you will object to my decision. I came here looking for my older brother and to see if he would be by my side, and all he asks me is why? Why do I want to marry her? Benedict said, getting up from his seat. "I know you are dealing with your own problems brother, but why do those problems have to involve me? Why do you want your brothers and sisters to follow the same path? I love her if that's why you ask, not only is she the person I want to spend the rest of my life with, she is special, she is my friend and she makes me feel very lucky to have her in my life. Before her I didn't bother to open my eyes completely to look at the world but now ... now I open them completely and I don't see my world without her by my side. I'm going out that door, and if you don't agree with my decision, that's fine, but remember that I wouldn't focus on the happiness of others when I clearly haven't managed to find my own."

And with that, Benedict began to walk Towards the door, as he reached the door, Anthony spoke.

"You have my blessing." Wide-eyed and surprised, Benedict turned to look at his brother.

"And I would always be by your side brother. She is a really nice lady. I wish you all my best wishes."Anthony continued with a small smile. Benedict just smiled at his older brother and left the room. On the way to Viscount Veuilleton by the hand of his daughter.

In a town filled with ambitious mamas and fortune-hunting gentlemen, marrying above one's station is an art form, indeed.

But Miss Daphne Bridgerton's advance from future duchess to possible princess is an achievement that even this jaded author must applaud.

Though this author cannot dismiss the Duke of Hastings quite so soon.

He may have let the diamond slip through his fingers for now, but I shall wager he is not a man to ever hide from a fight.

"I have never understood the fashion for feathers in the hair." Eloise scoffed while looking at the feathers on the shop. "Why would a woman want to draw notice to the fact that she is like a bird squawking for a man's attention in some bizarre ritual?"

"Then why are we looking?" Elaine said while starting to walk away fork the shop.

"Because I would rather do anything than stay a moment longer in that house while everyone flutters around Daphne, cooing over her prospects." Eloise continued.

"Is the prince still courting? I imagine you cannot wait for the engagement." Penelope told her friend.

"Pen, once they are engaged, I shall be next in line." Eloise stated.

"Is the same with Aelianna." Elaine murmured.

"If anything, I hope Daphne stays on the shelf forever." Eloise continued.

"She must marry eventually. Why must our only options be to squawk and settle or to never leave the nest?" Penelope said with a deep breath

"What if I want to fly?" Eloise said sadly. "You know who is flying? Lady Whistledown. She is up in the sky. A brilliant woman of business who fools the entire ton, whilst pocketing their money. Imagine the life she must lead. Independence. She is not simpering on the edge of a ballroom every night."

"Or praying a man might take a fancy and leg-shackle her into marriage." Elaine stated. "That is quite the life you have imagined for her. We must meet her so that she might share her secrets on how to avoid such a wretched, uninteresting fate."

"Lady Whistledown's identity is quite protected." Penelope told while still walking.

"Are we not the three most clever girls in the ton?"

"If anyone can find her, it is us, I think. If I could get out of any of the week's events to help you, I would."

"Pretend an illness." Elaine said turning to look at her friends.

"Tell your mother you caught whatever Marina had." Eloise told Penelope. "How is she, by the way?"

"Uh, recovering. But it would be cruel of me not to be by her side when she comes back out." Penelope pointed out with a sad smile. "I shall cheer you on in your endeavors, though."

"This one. I shall need a new quill to make my list of suspects."

"How many freckles you have left, honeybee?" Grandma Vinny asked Elia once she closed the door of her granddaughters room.

"Three hundred sixty-five." Elia responded with a deep breath. Grandma Vinny sat besides her and caress her cheek lovely.

"Twelve months; a year." She whispered to Elia. She smiled sadly. "Is that enough time?"

Aelianna just let her tears stream down her face. Her grandma holding her while she did. "Don't cry,  I would be right by your side." She kissed Aelianna's forehead.