Chapter 4 - "I can't. I can't. I can't."

Julie's POV

Wow. That song Luke, Reg and Alex just performed was amazing. I wonder who it was for? It was from Luke and there's no way I- oh it was for that Dirti Candi minion wasn't it?

After a few more performances Ms H says it's my turn. "We have one last performance. Julie."

Once she's announced that I'm performing I get up and walk over to the piano. I know exactly what I'm going to play, but as I place my fingers on the piano I feel my throat start to close up. No. No. No. No. NO! I can't let them in, I can't let this new school know all of my pain. They can't know how scared I am to play, I'll just get bullied like at my last school.

I can't. I can't. I can't. I run out before anyone noticed what was happening to me. I keep on running until I hear Carrie shout my name. I stop in the middle of the stairwell and turn around to see both her and Flynn at the top of the stairs.

"You better get back up here." Flynn announces. "And you show them you can sing!"

"I've tried for myself. I've tried for all my music teachers. I've tried for both of you. I've tried for Dad. I've tried for Mom. I've tried for Aunt Lissa, and Scar, and Pearl." I say with tears forming in my eyes at the mention of their names. "For a whole year, I've been trying. I can't do this anymore. I can't. I'm done."

I continue walking down the steps. Until Carrie starts shouting my name. "Julie. Julie!" Then I run. I keep on running, I run out of school. I run to the Starbucks next to the school grounds. Then I collapse and that's when the flashbacks start coming back up.

* Flashback *

(A/N if you are not ok with mentions of abuse in anyway then skip the flashbacks there're not too important. Also if you're not ok with reading about people dying.)

I need help I need a day out. I was just out with Nick and he beat me up again. I have no idea why I'm still with him. I should just take Aunt Lissa'a advice and dump him but I can't ever bring myself to do it. I like him too much. 

Ooh I wonder if Pearl, Scarlet and Aunt Lissa are free to go shopping. Scarlet is my Aunt Lissa daughter and one of my closest cousins. Pearl is my BEST friend. (A/N she hasn't met Flynn or Carrie yet. Anyways back to the story.) We've known each other since preschool almost, and she is super kind even with her temper. Scarlet and Pearl know each other very well because I have forced them to hang out countless times, and they have most lessons together at school. 

I call them up and my Aunt says she'll drive us so I get ready and meet them outside. I'm wearing a cropped cream white button up shirt, with grey denim shorts, some brown sandals and a mating brown bag. 

(A/N this)

I get into the car to see that Pearl and Scarlet are already in

I get into the car to see that Pearl and Scarlet are already in. They've left the passenger seat free knowing perfectly well that that's my seat. They've been listening to some of my very first songs that I ever published.