Chapter 14 - The Letters

He listens to me and climbs back out the window. I shut the curtains and sit on my bed. I grab my piano and play a melody. I add a few lyrics to it, but not too many.

Cause it hurts when you hurt somebody
So much to say but I don't speak

————————

Julie's POV

"Julie there's mail for you!" I hear Reggie's voice drift up the stairs.

"I'll be down in a sec!!" I yell making sure he can hear me.

I throw on a sweater, put the keyboard away, grab a piece of paper, and quickly scribble the lyrics down. I put the paper in my dream box, before heading down towards the lounge room.

"Where is it Reg?"

"On the kitchen table."

As I walk to where he told me it was, my phone goes off. I look at my phone promising myself that if it's Luke I won't even read it, but when my phone says Nick, I open it.

I put my phone face down on the table, grab my mail, and run back upstairs

When I get to my room, I open the first letter and read it through. It's not very long so it doesn't take me too long. It's about everything that I'm appreciated for and admired for and things like that.

Weird but ok.

I open the other letter and know who sent it immediately, I can tell by the neatness of the handwriting. I almost through it at a wall when I realize.

The letter says:

"Dear Julie, I know that you won't listen to me in person so I wrote you this letter. Whenever you're ready to talk, I never want to pressure you, leave a letter in the plant pot outside our school. The plant pot has dahlias on it, with an apple tree inside. Please write me a note with a time, date, and place where we can meet up to talk. I promise I'll be there. I'll check it every morning and afternoon, before and after school, I promise. I'd wait billions of lifetimes for you. I'm truly sorry. Yours, forever and always, Luke."

By the end of the letter, I have tears in my eyes. I start crying, because I need to just let it all out. In the end I fall asleep in the floor with tear stained cheeks. My hair's a mess, and my makeup is all smudged but I'll just have to wash it off later.

Reggie's POV

As I watch Mim walk away, I get a text saying that I should tell Julie she has mail. I don't call out until after I've checked the mailbox. When I see that she does indeed have mail, I shout out to her.

I put her mail on the kitchen counter; before heading back into the lounge. I decide to continue watching twilight, so that I can impress Mim next time I see her.

Julie comes down the stairs, and asks where her mail is, I tell her, she grabs it and runs back upstairs. Carlos comes down and we have a small chat.

"What are you watching?"

"It's a movie called twilight. Mimi suggested it to me."

"Can I watch too?"

"Sure."

"Cool."

He flops down on the couch and there's a moment silence and we both hear sobbing coming from upstairs. We both look at each other and Carlos gets up.

"Can you put it back to the start? That way I know what's going on. I'll check on Jules."

"Okay, but be gentle with her. I don't know what's going on at the moment; but we have to not pressure her. I'll also grab some more popcorn."

We nod in agreement at each other and I leave to grab more popcorn, whilst Carlos, goes to check on our sister.

Beep. Beep.

Beep. Beep

Once I'm in the kitchen I can see and hear Julie's phone going off. I pick it up and see that it has 29 message notifications. All from one person. Nick. Or as I like to call him, Nick the Dick.

I make a vital phone call to the boys.

**On call**

Reggie: Boys, we didn't get rid of Nick.

Luke: WHAT?!?! I- I- I mean, what?!

Alex: What do you mean?

Reggie: He's been sending Jules really bad and thirsty messages.

Alex: Knowing you Reggie you've already come up with a plan. Tell us.

Reggie: So...

*Reggie explains his plan*

Luke: Yeah...

Alex: I'm sensing you are hesitant Luke.

Luke: Well.......

Reggie: WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

Luke: Jesus, Reggie. Calm down.

Reggie: I WON'T BE CALM UNTIL YOU TELL ME. THIS IS ABOUT MY FRICKIN SISTER LUKE!!!!!!

Luke: Yes I know. Don't worry, I do think that the plan will work it's not that, I promise. I'm just not sure I want to be a part of it.

Reggie: Why don't you want to stop Nick from sending inappropriate messages to my sister?

Luke: Look, it's that, what will Jules do to us? I mean, she can fight her own battles. Ok, if it gets out of hand, or she asks for help, then we step in, alright? I gotta go, text me if you need me; I'm never too far away.

Reggie: Wait Luke!! Where are you?? I thought you were going to stay with us tonight?!

Luke: I really don't think that's a good idea.

Alex: What do you mean?

Luke: It doesn't matter.

Reggie: Where will you stay tonight then?

Luke: I've got a place for tonight. I'll contact you guys tomorrow. I have to eat dinner now. Bye.

**Off call**

——————

Sorry, this one's a little short. It's sort of a filler.

Hope y'all r well. I hope y'all r safe.

Xx - K