Part 5

2 months later ( Thanks giving )

Adrian POV

I haven't spoke or even texted Destiny since I dropped her home from the Senior party, I wasn't tripping but it did feel weird for her to not be blowing my phone up like these other females do.

Grandma- "Baby go and pick me up some sweet potatoes for the pie I'm fixing to make".

Adrian- "ok, I'm leaving now" I said while grabbing my keys out my pocket and walking out the door.

Adrian- I got into the car starting my engine and then looked over to seeing Destiny and her mom taking in groceries into their home.

Mrs. Gold- "Happy Thanksgiving Adrian"

Adrian- "Happy Thanksgiving" I waved

Destiny POV

I seen Adrian in the car, Saying happy thanksgiving, but I just looked away and carried the bags into the house.

Destiny- "mom do you want me to put up the groceries and then make the macaroni?"

Mrs Gold- "yes sweetie, but make sure you wash your hands".

Destiny- I washed my hands and took out the pot for the macaroni and then seen a message from Lamar my guy Bestfriend I've been talking to at River High.

Message from Lamar💚
I'm outside big head

Destiny- I walked outside seeing him standing up against his car

Lamar- "Hey big head" he grinned

Destiny- "Boy stop calling me that" I laughed

Lamar- "so where your moms at"

Destiny- "in the kitchen, oh shoot I got to check on the macaroni" I ran in the house with Lamar running behind me.

Adrian POV

I came out the grocery store with the sweet potatoes and other items my grandma called me to get, I sent Caleb a text asking if he coming over my house for thanksgiving dinner.

Caleb- "homie who car is that" he said standing by the front porch

Adrian- I heard Caleb ask me as I pulled up into the driveway.

Adrian- "I don't know" I said while shutting my car door.

Grandma- "Thank you baby for the groceries" she smiled while I walked in.

Adrian- "No problem" I said putting the bags on the counter.

Grandma- "go over to the neighbors across the street and see if you can spend some time with them because I don't want you and Caleb in my house all day playing the game" she said waving her hand up.

Adrian- "alright" I said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Caleb- "so we just gone knock on their door?"He said confused

Adrian- "duh" I laughed walking to Destiny front door.

Destiny POV

*Knock*

Destiny- "go answer the door Lamar"

Lamar- "ok" he said heading to the door

Adrian- "wassup man"

Lamar- "nothing much just been getting around lately"

Destiny- omg do they know each other? I thought to myself

Adrian- "Are you family with Destiny?" He asked confused.

Lamar- "oh no I'm just here with her on thanksgiving" he said while walking towards the kitchen.

Adrian- "Hey ma" I said to Destiny while she was stirring the macaroni in the pot.

Destiny- "Happy thanksgiving" I said turning away from the stove looking him right in his eyes and glancing at that smirk on his face.

Caleb- "do you have something we can do here" he asked Destiny while breaking the silence in the room.

Destiny- "I got YouTube on the living room tv and uno" I said with a smile

Lamar- "I'm finna take this win easily with uno" he laughed

Adrian- "why you just lie to yourself and us?" I said while making everyone laugh.

2 hours later

The food is ready we all hear Mrs. Gold say.

Adrian POV

I sat at the table right next to Destiny and held her hands.

Destiny- "why are you holding my hands" she smiled

Adrian- "Don't we got to pray for the food?" I said looking up at everyone

Mrs, Gold- "of course, thank you"

Adrian- Thank you Lord for this food we have received and blessings it to be nourishment to our bodies in Jesus name Amen

Everyone- Amen

Caleb- Finally, now let's eat!

Everyone- Laughs

Adrian- I watched as Destiny ate her food, she ate so small and pretty, I smiled at her making her turn her face away from me.

Adrian- "Destiny you did your thing with this macaroni ma" I said bumping her arm

Destiny "Thank you, it's my dad recipe" she said with her head down

Lamar- where's your pops?

Everyone- gets quiet

Adrian- Destiny ran upstairs to her room

Adrian- "what happened" I said worried

Mrs. Gold- "Her Father, well my husband passed away last year and that's one of the reasons we moved this year" she said with water forming in her eyes, but no tears.

Adrian- "I'm sorry to hear that can I check on her?"

Mrs. Gold- "yes please"

What happened to her dad?
Will Destiny open up to him?