Part 11

Caleb POV

I walked into the hospital room where, my mom was, I walked towards her bed and began to hold her hand while saying a prayer.

Caleb- "Lord please give my mom strength to wake up, I'm sorry God for the sins I committed, I can't promise you God but I hope to not rob again Lord, Amen.

A nurse walked in and stared at me as I soon opened my eyes from my prayer.

Nurse- "Trust in God that your mother will be healed" she said in such a soft voice

Caleb-"I will" I said while holding my moms hand tight"

Nurse- " Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding" she said while looking me in my eyes

I wasn't a religious person, but at this time of worry and fear I knew I had to call on the Lord.

Caleb-" I trust you God" I said with my eyes closed.

Mom- "Baby" she said while opening her eyes.

Caleb-"mom!" I yelled low

Mom-"I was told to wake up by a soft voice in my dream" she said with a tear coming down her eyes.

Caleb- "Was it God?" I asked with wonder

Mom-"I think so" she smiled

Caleb-"I prayed to God that you will wake up"

Mom- "oh thank you Jesus, he have answered your prayer son!" She said while smiling"

Caleb- "I know" I said while hugging my mom

As I turned around, the nurse was no where to be seen, I mean she was just right there watching the whole thing, I didn't hear her leave, how did she just disappear I thought to myself.

Destiny POV

I looked at Adrian as he got out the car to go inside the store to get Caleb mom some balloons and flowers, it truly touched my heart how caring he was.

Adrian- "Do you want me to just take you home?" He said while starting the car up

Destiny- "no I want to see Caleb mom" I said while smelling the roses he got her.

Adrian-"Alright, does these roses look nice for her?" He said with pain in his voice

Destiny-"yes, the red roses was a great choice" I smiled

He started to cry, once I finished my sentence, I don't know why.

Destiny- "What's wrong Adrian?" I said with worry.

Adrian- " it's just that- these are the same kind of roses I was going to give my mom when she was in the hospital 5 years ago" He said while staring at the sky.

Destiny- " Is your mom o-

Adrian- "Instead I gave her daisies instead of those roses, once I arrived at the hospital with her flowers..... she was pronounced dead." He said as tears ran down his cheeks.

Destiny- "I'm so sorry" I said while holding his hands

Adrian- "That's when my grandma took me in so I wouldn't go to foster care, because my dad didn't want sh*t to do with me.

Destiny- "That was his lost" I said softly

Adrian-"yea it was always his lost especially when he was the one who beat my mom to death" he said with more tears falling.

Destiny-"Oh God!" I said with pain in my voice"

Adrian- "He killed my f*cking mom, I hate him!" He yelled while hitting the steering wheel.

I pulled him in for a hug while rubbing his head, he just laid in the crook of my neck with tears falling still, I pushed his head up and stared into his eyes

Destiny- "you are strong, you've made it this far with out him, don't let your heart hold hate" I said while wiping his tears with my thumb.

Adrian- "so you don't hate the person who killed your father?" He asked

Destiny- "I use to until that hate in my heart made me miserable" I said while looking at the sky

Adrian- " how did you stop hating him" he asked

Destiny" I just prayed, hoping that God would take away all my pain and hatred" I said while feeling a tear fall from my eye.

Adrian- "Can you teach me how to pray ma?" He asked while holding my hands.

Destiny-"Yes, let's start by you telling God how you feel first" I insisted

Adrian began to let all of his pain out to God, he said some deep stuff that I was truly in shocked about, he cried his eyes out while letting out a deep breath.

Destiny- "That was good, now you can ask God to forgive you for the bad things you've done.

Adrian-"Forgive me God for the robbery I did and the girls I played in the past" he said while wiping his tears"

I was in shock that he said robbery, but I couldn't and wouldn't judge him because we all have a story.