Part 16

2 months later

Destiny POV

I was at a fancy dress store to pick out my Prom dress. I was so excited but I didn't know what dress I wanted and prom was in 2 more weeks.

"Would you like to try on the Lavender dress?" The store owner asked me. The dress was a lavender color with sparkles all over it.

Destiny- "yes, this one is beautiful!" I said excitedly.

"This is the only lavender dress we have as well" she said while handing me the dress.

I walked into the fitting room to try on the dress, it was absolutely beautiful as I seen my body fit it perfectly. I think this is the one I said to myself.

"Stunning darling" the lady said to me while nodding her head"

Destiny- "I'm going to get this one" I said to my mom.

Mom- "A great choice!" She said while looking around the entire dress.

Destiny- "Me and Adrian is doing a purple theme for prom, so this is perfect!" I said while smiling

Mom- "Just wait till he sees this" she said while laughing which made me laugh.

My phone started to ring, It was Lamar calling me. I haven't spoken to him in a while so this was very unexpected.

Lamar- "what's good, you had a lot of people pressed yesterday" he said while laughing

Yesterday Adrian made a huge poster to ask me to prom with flowers and the whole school gathered around us while recording, it was the most nervous but great feeling ever. When I said yes the whole group of people started cheering except for some hating females.

 When I said yes the whole group of people started cheering except for some hating females

Destiny- "they definitely was, you saw the prom proposal?" I said while smiling

Lamar-"of course I did I was the on recording behind Adrian" he said while laughing

Destiny-"oh, I didn't see you, I was to busy focusing on the poster in front of me" I said

Lamar- "yea, that was real cool what he did for you" he said

Destiny-"yea, I honestly wasn't expecting that" I said while smiling

Lamar-"you know if he didn't ask you, I was going to" he smirked

Destiny- "Whatever, aren't you going with Makayla?" I said while laughing

Lamar- "I guess so, she keeps bugging me about prom"

Destiny-"you didn't ask her!?" I said in shock

Lamar-"before I could she already told me that we was going together" he said while shaking his head.

Destiny- "She is really bold" I said

Lamar-"that's what I'm saying, she's always demanding" he said

Destiny- "so she wears the pants in the relationship? I said jokingly

Lamar-"Chill out, you know I'm the one with pants, I just be letting things go her way" he said while laughing

Destiny- "Yea ok" I said while laughing

********************************************

I was in the car waiting for my mom to come out the store, while I was waiting on her I started to make a TikTok. In the middle of my me doing that some guy came to the car.

"Yo shorty, what's happening?" He said while smiling with his gold grills showing.

Destiny-"I'm good, thank you" I said quickly

"Can I get your number or somethin cus you real fine". He said while staring me down.

Destiny-"I have a boyfriend" I said while looking away from him.

"Aww so you trying to be loyal?" He said while smirking

I didn't say anything, I was starting to get a little scared because he wouldn't go away.

"I'm not leaving until you give me your number" he said with his smile disappearing.

Destiny- "Leave me alone, I already told you that I have a boyfriend!. I said while getting loud.

"Oh so you a feisty one?" he said while licking his lips

I quickly locked the doors with the button on the side of the door and raised my window up.

"Oh so you scared now, I'll break this f*cking window!" He said while screaming

I was so scared that I prayed silently To myself while backing away from the window. I truly didn't know what else to do. All of a sudden I seen a police car ride by, the police car stopped while staring at the guy who was still at my window.

"You lucky 12 came b*tch" he said while walking away from the car.

I thanked God for hearing my prayer and keeping me protected because that was truly a close one, I left my self defense keychain at home too, I normally would bring it with me but for some reason I forgot it.