Chapter 13 Not As It Seems

E went through the computer to see if there were any other files or trails to others as Bucky went down a hallway that had two doors, one on either side. Opening the one on the left he stepped into a simple bedroom with your typical desk, hanging bookshelves, and dresser. A door was just open enough where Bucky could see into and see that it was a bathroom.

He sat on the bed and looked around the room for a second and got up and walked to the desk, dragging a finger to wipe off a decent layer of dust.

Taking a quick peek in the bathroom he saw nothing out of the ordinary. The place had obviously been abandoned for quite sometime and it didn't take a genius to figure who abandoned it in the first place.

Leaving the bedroom he open the other door across from the bedroom and saw a small training room. A couple of weight machines and a treadmill, but most of the space was taken up by a clear sparing area.

As like the bedroom it was also covered in a layer of dust.

Stepping on to the open floor t exerted a dim blue light through the dust, as well as a flickering hologram screen.

"Huh."

As he took a step off, the light and hologram fading before he placed his foot back on and it lit up again. He was going to repeat his actions when gunshots echoed through the halls followed by Nat yelling his name.

When he ran into the room prepared for a fight he saw five bodies on the floor, blood coating the walls. One man's head was twisted to an uncomfortable angle, telling that the neck was snapped.

"What the hell happened here?"

He whispered to Nat as E checked the bodies, stabbing them in the neck to make sure they stayed dead.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?"

"It's just....something not right."

"Anything that has to do with Hydra has always been not "right"."

"This is different from me and you."

"Well that's not good."

.

.

The flight back to the tower was silent. Bucky's mind was wondering of what could've happened while Nat was still thinking on what had happened.

Footsteps echoing took Nat's attention as it wasn't any of them. Raising her gun she stalked over to the door and noticed that E hadn't gotten up from their seat and was still looking around on the console.

As she was about to notify them the door was blown open, making her go for cover.

Five guys in Hydra uniforms stormed in and quickly took notice of her. With her out numbered and out gunned she put her hands up in surrender.

One came up behind her and took her gun away, while putting their own up to her head, the other four fanned out in room. The weird thing about all of this is that E hadn't had any reaction to the Hydra soldiers storming in and taking Nat hostage. They just sat there looking at the console.

"Nice job soldier. Unfortunately, your're too much of a threat to be left alive."

What Nat assumed to be the leader of the group spoke in Russian and put their gun up to E's head, while another from the back came up and grabbed the flash drive E had.

The man didn't have a chance to pull the flash drive out of the port when his head was facing the wrong direction. The others behind him in the room had bullet holes in their heads. The clatter of a gun against metal and the thump of a body behind her told Nat that the one that had her cornered was also dead.