Chapter 2 "1 AM"

No One P.O.V.

1 A.M.

After only four hours of sleep everyone was up and in the quinn-jet, some barely awake.  Fury only called to 1. Make sure everyone was there. 2. To send over the blue prints of the base and where the weapon should be.

After that the most of the Avengers decided to go back to sleep because the trip to Germany was 10 hours long. 

Most of the Avengers.

Natasha and Bucky were still up. Deep in thought with their experiences with Hydra, until Bucky broke the silence.

"What base did you think was the most dangerous?"

Natasha looked up, met his eyes, and responded. "Lab 19."

"Yeah....I've heard about the, things, they've created there."

"......What was Red Sun about? Why'd you think it was the worst?"

Bucky pauses before answering "I heard that they were creating mind-controlled lava, magma, zombies there. Heard they had magma pouring out of their mouths. And that they were just normal civilians picked off the streets." 

They were silent for the rest of the trip, after several hours Bucky decided to go to sleep too. Natasha stayed up because she's too bad-ass for sleep, but she did bring a book with so that kept her entertained.

The team woke up 15 minutes before they arrived at the landing zone, when they landed they exited. They quickly but quietly made their way towards the direction the coordinates sent said the Hydra base would be. 

They were about 10 meters (32 feet) away from where the Hydra base would be. They waited for any sounds of patrols to come by for ten minutes only for nothing to happen. "It's too quiet. Lets get closer to see whats going on." Cap says in a low voice over com(m?)s .

They start moving closer to the base until Nat says some thing "You guys smell that?" They all stop to smell the air. "It smells like smoke." Bucky replies. They realize what this could mean and start running. They stop when they see the Hydra base destroyed and in ruins.

"Shit. They could be any where by now." Nat exclaims. "Look around for any clues where they could have gone." Cap orders already wandering around. Minutes after they hear Wanda calling them over. "Found something guys!" They all run over and saw what she found. 

"Tire tracks. Vision, fly around the area to see if any there's any suspicious activity." Cap said. "Yes sir." He responded in his amazing British accent.

He left and then after about five minutes he returned. "There is a line of five trucks heading north. I've located the weapon in the middle truck unarmed  while the the others look to be heavily armed." (Two are trucks that hold dozens of soldiers. The ones where they sit across from each other, the other two are armored with turrets on top)

"Then we gotta get a move on. You, Tony, and Thor are air support. Take them by surprise from the sky. The rest of us will be ground team. Once you start attacking we'll follow up while they have their attention on you guys." Cap plans.

They take off while the others run back to the quinn-jet to get their vehicles. Cap and Bucky get their motorcycles while Natasha and Clint get on one. Natasha the one driving while Clint sits in the back so he can shoot arrows.(Plus it adds shipping fuel.) And Wanda's going to fly next to them.

They start driving north and after several minutes they here Tony on com(m?)s. "We're right above the trucks and they haven't noticed us. You're about two to three minutes away from us. We're attacking now."

Cap-a little salty that Tony didn't ask if it was okay to attack-quickly yelled to the others"You heard him! Brace for a fight!"

Sure enough they could hear gunshots getting louder and louder. They came into the opening as planned and took the hydra agents by surprise. Cap and Bucky jumped of their bikes and started gunning down the many Hydra agents that started shooting at them.

Natasha and Clint took the other side of the trucks and started to take down agents from behind. Bullets, arrows, lasers,and lightning was being thrown around on the field, not to mention the Hulk was there too. A truck surrounded in red mist was then seen being thrown into multiple hydra agents and another truck resulting in an explosion and shrapnel being shot everywhere.

 A truck surrounded in red mist was then seen being thrown into multiple hydra agents and another truck resulting in an explosion and shrapnel being shot everywhere

(The glass is tinted so much that it just looks like the frame surrounding it so it just looks like a box)

Natasha comm-ed the rest of the team to tell them she was with the weapon. "I'm in the truck with the weapon. It's a big box though so I'm gonna need some help getting it out of here." After she said that the roof of the truck was ripped and she was met with sight of the Hulk. "Be gentle with it." He gives her a small smile and-as gently the hulk can be-grabs it and leaps away, heading in the direction of where the quinn-jet was.

"Fall back .Hulk has the weapon. He's heading back towards the quinn-jet." Nat com(m?)s "Wait, Hulk's got the weapon??" Hawkeye asked concerned since the green giant wasn't really known for handling things with care. "He knows what to do."

Natasha leaves the truck ducking under bullet fire and debris. She makes her way to an armored turret truck going up to the drivers side door opening it and shooting the driver then proceeding to shoot the man on the turret. Since their ride got destroyed in the fight she drives towards where Clint was and stops in front of him. "You're driving." "Hell yeah."

She gets into the gunner's seat of the turret and starts filling the remaining soldiers with holes and lead. They start to drive back and the others do the same. When they get to the quinn-jet hulk's waiting for them, the weapon on the ground. Wanda uses her powers to lift the case into the quinn-jet.

Time skip to when they get back

By the time the Avengers got back Hulk turned back into Bruce and they were on the Helicarrier giving their report to Fury. "So at the end of the day shield has a big ass mess we have to go clean up in Germany?" Fury says low-key pissed that it was probably going to be a lot of paperwork.

"Ummm...how 'bout we see what the weapon is?" Tony says not wanting to be lectured by Fury and wanting to see what "Big bad" weapon this was. "Fine. Open her up." He says disgruntled of course but also curious.

Tony goes and puts a device on the lock which decrypted the code until it turned green and locks coming undone could be heard. Mist came out of the sides as the pressure equalized and the lid slowly opened.

What was in the box was certainly was NOT what they were expected.

"I may be less than a year old, but I believe that's not a weapon." Vision said breaking the silence.