Chapter 10 Ricochet

1.

Year.

Later.

To say that everything has gone to hell would be an understatement. When Fury had been told that you were now missing he sent search team after search team to track you down. The Avengers got yelled at too and basically every day they had to go and search for any clue where you could be.

Days passed with nothing to show for it until after a week you disappeared assassinations and murders had been showing up on the news about powerful people all dead with bullet or stab wound. It was fairly obvious that it was your work as they remember how the bodies of the intruders looked.

Right now, Steve and Tony were in the back round as some "big shot" was talking about this "new" way of "clean energy" and that crap in front of a giant meeting room with reporters and other potential investors and such listened.

"People down on the East side." Nat's voice rang through the comm. She was in a building across from where the press conference was being held when she heard distant gunshots from the building beside her. Investigating she saw the bodies of now dead guards lying in the hallways.

"On my way."

Clint answered along with Bucky who was in the building on the other side of the building Nat was in.

Cautiously she crept around when she saw the door to the staircase and like all the rest of movie tropes made her way up to the roof.

She kicked open the door and surveyed the area only to see fans and vents here and there. Making her way around she caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of her eye, turning she saw it was the barrel of a sniper rifle.

 Making her way around she caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of her eye, turning she saw it was the barrel of a sniper rifle

-top one-

 Cautiously she silently walked towards to see the sniper.

-More Hydra-y of course-

She kept getting closer, watching the finger on the trigger.

Seeing the finger slowly squeezing the trigger she shot at the sniper's hand, making the shot miss and fly through the window as everyone in the room screamed and ran for the exit.