Chapter 2: Sudden Attack

Hi piggies, this somehow got mixed up with chapter one so please go to the table of contents and read chapter one first. Thanks, Oinky 

I packed my bags, shuffling all my belongings into my suitcase. Given that I didn't have any suitcases, the CIA lent me a small grey suitcase. But knowing the CIA, they didn't just give away bags because they wanted to. They probably gave it away to track me, knowing them, they probably placed a bug on my suitcase. After noticing the briefcase had a magnet on it that said Ben Ripley, I immediately used a screwdriver to take it off. I didn't trust the CIA and who knew what they did to the suitcase.

Departure was at two-oh-hundred, 2 am, so I figured that I should head to bed.

The alarm rang at 2 am. After unwillingly getting out of bed and splashing a bucket of ice-cold water on my face, I was ready.

Everyone seemed annoyed like I had taken 55 seconds, and it took longer to get ready. Scrambling out of my dorm and I climbed onto the private jet that everyone was on already. The plane had a rec room, chairs that could extend into a bed, and a million things that an average jet didn't have. Cyrus was driving the plane; the last time someone was driving the plane, it turned out they were SPYDER agents, and that was when we were going to Mexico. Going to Egypt was not your ordinary party. I figured it was hot, sweaty, and probably had a ton of pesky insects. While Erica probably had brought guns, knives, and bombs, I got more normal things, such as bug spray, long pants, and a safari hat. All of us had complained to Cyrus that summer was the worst time to visit Egypt; it would probably cook us all into sausages.

It suddenly grew scorching in the jet, and it no longer felt like a fun journey. The AC was broken, and Cyrus felt like there was no need to use air conditioning. He complained that kids these days used too much technology and we could use a paper fan. There were only two flight attendants that Cyrus trusted utterly.

Erica sat next to me, and Mike and Trixie sat on the other side. Erica was staring out the window, not getting any sleep while I was looking out another window as well but knowing Erica, she was probably mapping Egypt out so we could hop out the plane immediately if something went wrong, just like what happened in Mexico. My eyes soon grew heavy, and I gently laid against Erica's shoulder. Before I knew it, it was 10:00 am. (I knew that because I could sense what time it was without knowing. I was gifted at math, so I learned.)

Rather than waking up to Erica gently shaking Mike or me talking to me, I woke up to a beeping sound. I first thought that was my alarm clock, but then I realized that there wasn't any alarm clock; we were on the plane. So what was that? Erica had already woken and was reading a book about Egypt.

"Glad to see you've woken," Erica said without looking up from her book. I assume that was Erica's way of saying good morning.

The beeping still hasn't stopped. I started to grow worried.

"Erica," I asked fearfully.

"Yeah?" She asked, still reading her book.

"Do you hear that beeping sound?" I asked quietly. She immediately snapped up from her book and put it down.

"Where?" She asked, looking worried.

"I don't know, but do you hear a beeping sound?" I asked. Her ears perked up, and she listened.

"Ben," Erica said, turning towards me.

"Yes?" I asked. The beeping sound had gone a bit faster.

"Don't freak out, but there's a bomb," Erica began, "in you." I freaked out and started screaming.

Cyrus put the plane on autopilot and ran over. Mike sat next to me.

"Did someone get attacked?" Cyrus asked, looking concerned.

"Grandpa, do you hear that ticking noise?" Erica asked. He paused for a second and listened.

"A bomb?" Cyrus exclaimed as he heard the noise. Erica nodded. For once in a while, Erica lost her usual calmness.

"A-bomb. But it's coming from Ben, though," Mike exclaimed.

"You can't eat bombs," Mike said and then thought to add, "Can you?"

"You can; you must have swallowed a tiny bomb," Cyrus said.

"Wait. That means someone's the mole on here," I said, looking worried.

"No, someone could have slipped it in your coffee or sandwich at the CIA airport," Cyrus said.

"Not necessarily. Think about it, if I ate the bomb before getting on the plane, don't you think the metal detector would have beeped?" I asked. "But if they put the bomb in the bag and wrapped it with something, it might not beep. So that only means that one of the flight attendants is the mole."

"Ben's right, but we can't think about that now. We have to get it out of Ben's mouth and throw it in the desert first. The bomb might look small, but it can kill us," Erica said.

"Does this happen a lot to you spies?" Trixie asked, looking worried.

"Yeah, it does," I said. "But don't worry, we can handle it."

Trixie gave me a giggle, and Erica looked the tiniest annoyed at her sister.

"Ben, please don't be mad at me, but I'm going to have to do something drastic," Erica grimaced.

"What?" I asked fearfully. "You're not going to cut my stomach open and take it out like Little Red Riding Hood, right?"

"No, of course not, but I'm going to do this," Erica said and then punched me in the stomach hard.

It felt like one hundred stones had hit me. I spit out a small oval chip, the size of my thumbnail. Erica picked up the small but dangerous chip and took a look at the timer.

"There are only 3 minutes and 49 seconds left!" Erica exclaimed. She punched a nearby window and threw the bomb as hard as she could out the window into the desert.

"Ben! I need you to make some quick calculations, and we need to steer the plane away from the bomb!" Erica yelled at me.

Dust and sand were flying through the window, and the plane was sinking. I suddenly flew very sick and threw up all over the place. Cyrus and Erica ignored the mess on the floor and walked past it except Mike, who nearly threw up as well, seeing my throw up on the floor.

"Quick! We need to get to the cockpit and steer it away," Erica exclaimed and darted to the cockpit. We scrambled to the cockpit, but there was already someone sitting there.

Heather Durkee, the mole.