Chapter 17: Tailing

The armed black Croder agents walked to use, seeming that they had guns in their hands. Although this wasn't a problem since he had the top fighters with us, Erica, Cyrus, and Catherine, while they only were averagely skilled.

I didn't even bother to help because I probably would only get in the way. We all stood and didn't move like brave soldiers (at least Erica did.)

They ran towards us, and Erica grinned.

Catherine first deflected a punch one of them threw at us snd then ducked down from a ninja star. They tossed and gave them a kick in the stomach. The other one ran forward with a gun and looked like he was about to give Cyrus a good knock on the head when he suddenly leaped up and did a double backflip and kicked his gun straight out of his hand and onto the ground.

Erica then did a handspring and quickly grabbed the gun off of the floor and used it to deflect a punch they tried to give her.

All of them quickly grabbed their guns out of their hands and repeatedly shot, kicked, and punched him over and over again in the face. I couldn't say I felt sorry for them, but if I were on their team, I would have bailed out right on the spot the second I was Erica there with a gun. The poor Croder agents didn't even stand a second against them; it was like a James Bond movie, but one hundred times better.

Erica kicked a knife out of one of the thug's hands, trying to stab her and have him stab in the jaw instead. Catherine didn't waste a second making them feel pain and make them suffer. Instead, she just wretched their pinky, and judo flipped on them onto the group. And then she just snatched one of their tasers out of their hands and casually put in her empty unity belt like putting a bag of chips into a snack pack.

Alexander even stopped trying to help out; I guess he learned his lesson last time when he tried to beat up some thugs. Trixie, who hadn't seen her parents in combat before, whooped and cheered for them each time they hit them in the face and cringed when she saw blood leaking from the thug's gashes.

The fight lasted for only about a minute due to how well their skill was. Before I knew it, all of the three thugs were running away from us into the distance.

"Well, that was exciting!" Catherine exclaimed. Erica just walked it off as she had just been on vacation in Disney Land instead of in a fight with three thugs. While ordinary people have been proud of themselves for doing this, Erica just ignored everyone. I knew the real reason wasn't that she was just humble; she probably didn't like the attention.

"We have to follow them," Cyrus said without a single word of congratulations. "They probably know where Cordero's hideout is and is going to find them."

We all immediately ran after them, following where they were going. They didn't go very fast due to their gashes and wounds, but we didn't speed up either. We had to keep a safe distance so they wouldn't suspect that we were following them.

"Why aren't we speeding up?" Trixie asked.

"We don't want to catch them. They can tell us where their hideout is," Cyrus said.

"Oh, okay," Trixie said, slowing down her footsteps. After walking countless hours of chasing after the thugs, we finally followed them to the river.

I gasped.

Standing in front of me was the Longest River in the world, the Nile River. When you see the Nile River, you would think of the part of the Nile River in the rainforest. No one ever actually thinks of the Egyptian part of the Nile River. Far more people of the populace even knew about the Egyptian part of the Nile River. Knowing that some of Egypt are desert, people usually expect hot places with no water. But the truth was, Egypt did have a river in it.

"Well, this area looks interesting," Mike said, thrilled to see somewhere where there was actually water.

"Indeed it does, children," Catherine said, admiring the relaxing glow of the river. Since it was around seven now, the river had a nice dark sheen to it with a faint glimmer of light in the distance. We had finally walked out of the desert—at least, as far as you could walk out of a desert—there were only a few small buildings and houses in the distance, but still, it was a difference. It was much better than being in the empty-looking desert.

And then I saw something in the distance. So small, but still. A small white dot in the water. A ferry. It seemed like a cruise ship had stopped at this area of the pyramids so they could visit it.

"Croder's staying on a cruise ship? They didn't tell me this," Zoe said, looking confused. "Oh well, at least I could experience being on a cruise ship!" Indeed she was right. An agent dressed in black hopped off the boat's deck and lifted the three thugs onto the ship.

"Shut up, you're not clear yet," Erica growled at Zoe, and she whimpered.

"Anyways, let's follow them," Erica said and then started to walk towards the dock.

"Follow...them?" Alexander asked.

"Yes! We need to track them down before they escape and get the gold back to the pyramids!" Erica said. "You got a problem with that?"

"Um...yes," Alexander stammered. "Wouldn't it be a bit dangerous?"

"And you wonder why I don't take you on missions," Cyrus mumbled.

"Dad, it's our job as spies to do this," Erica said firmly. "You can't bail out; if you don't even believe in yourself, no one will. Forget about me." Erica's tone was slightly warmer than usual, indicating that she wanted her father to do it.

"You got it!" Alexander exclaimed.

"Another thing, keep your voice down; we don't want them to hear us," Erica added.

"Okay," Alexander said, lowering his voice down.

"Now that we are all ready, let's go," Erica said. And then we walked into Croder's cruise ship.