Chapter 24: Epilgue

"Agent Durkee and Ms. E are captured," A voice said in the background. "You found what? China?"

"No, he's not up yet," a voice replied. "I'll tell you if he's up."

I groggily sat up and moaned due to my splitting headache. Erica was on the far end of the room talking on the telephone while all of my other friends were either chatting, reading, or in Chip's case, picking his nose. Everyone perked up, and Erica immediately said, "Nevermind, he's up."

Everyone crowded around me like flies round the dumpster. Erica, Trixie, Mike, Zoe, Chip, Jawa, Catherine, Alexander, Cyrus, Ashton, a few CIA agents, and many other African people were here.

"Ben!" Mike exclaimed, shaking my shoulders. "You're finally up!" My eyesight slowly cleared, and I found myself sitting in the hospital with many monitors and bandages around me.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, scratching my head and then wincing when my arm slightly touched the edge of a monitor.

"Take it easy, Benjamin," Catherine said, patting my shoulder.

"You've been out for about eight years," Jawa replied. I sat up immediately.

"Eight...years?" I said shakily, my eyes wide open. I knew I had been out for a while, but I expected not longer than a day.

"Nah, I'm kidding," Jawa said, laughing. "You've only been out for a few hours."

"Oh, okay," I said and then looked at Ashton. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, the CIA director said I could come and help but said after this I would have to use a powder to erase my memory about all of this," Ashton replied.

"Ben, how are you feeling?" Erica asked.

"Pretty dizzy, but I'll be fine," I said. "Hey, where are we right now?"

"We're in Egypt's hospital," Erica said. I glanced down at myself and noticed the massive gash of blood. There was a long tube connected to my arms and chest, making me like a zombie. There were many cameras and tv stations in the small room, making it a bit squeezed in the room. A tv said, "an accidental gas leak forced teens to become unconscious." CIA disinformation work.

Cyrus was sitting in the corner as if this didn't even apply to him. A few CIA agents laughed and joked in the corner of the room like this whole situation was just a silly joke instead of something that nearly got me killed. There was even a box of frosted chocolate donuts on the hospital table, and two CIA agents were eating them over a cup of coffee.

Agent Durkee and Ms. E were handcuffed outside of the hospital window in a police car. Although I couldn't quite make out what they were saying, it seemed that Agent Durkee and Ms. E were trying to shove the blame on someone else while it was apparent they were the ones who set the crime up. Although Joshua hall and Murray Hill both weren't in the police cars, I didn't feel upset about this. Sure they had gotten away with the other higher-ups at Croder, but I felt proud because I captured Agent Durkee and Ms. E, the prominent leaders of Croatan and Spyder.

"What happened to me?" I asked, glancing down at my hospital shirt with a massive bandage over it.

"You got shot," Zoe explained. "In the chest." I nearly screamed at his thought. I knew that I would be taking risks when I jumped in front of the bullet, but I honestly thought I would injure my arm or stomach, not my chest, where it could kill me.

Suddenly, a nurse came over with a clipboard.

"You're lucky to survive, young man. It seems, though, that the bullet had only incited your lungs. You know what you did was reckless, jumping in front of a bullet thinking it was fun, right?" She demanded. I would have argued that this was for the sake of Africa and she would be dead on the ground if I didn't jump in front of the bomb, but since she didn't know this was part of the CIA, I couldn't tell her.

Spy School Egyptजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें