Chapter 20: Interrogation

"Why did you even ask me that question about the plot if you already knew it then?" Murray gruffed out.

"To see if you were worthy and you would admit it or not," I replied. "And since you aren't....goodbye," Murray screamed in fright of this.

"I was joking," I said, exasperated. "You still have important information you need to cough up."

"Uh, Ben, I hate to pop the bubble but do you have evidence that the bomb is going off?" Mike asked while sipping on a juice box from the mini-fridge.

"Yes," I replied. "Well, first things, Murray already admitted it; second, if you think about it, who needs that much gold? Sure, you could sell it and make tons of money, but they're going to be suspicious the second you see the name king tut carved onto a gold plate. And also, you said it too; there is nowhere in Egypt where you could buy gold, forget about selling it. And, you can't take the gold on a helicopter. I scouted the area out, there is only a helicopter on the top of the ship, and that's it," I said.

Erica's eyes seemed to glisten for a second of admiration and then turned ice cold again.

"Nice work, mate," Cyrus said.

"Are you sure, Ben?" Catherine asked warily.

"Not 100% sure, but 99% sure," I said confidently.

"Good, we can't risk a mistake," Catherine said and then went back to grilling Murray. "Where's the bomb?" Erica demanded.

"I don't know; they didn't even tell me the plot; they're secretive," Murray whimpered. Erica gave him a cold glare and whispered something in his ear, probably something like, do it or say goodbye to all of your teeth. Murray cracked.

"Okay fine. They only hinted to me that it would be in Luxor, that's it," Murray said.

"Where's Luxor?" I asked.

"It's in Egypt, dummy," Murray said, smirking at me.

"Say another syllable of that word you just said, and you'll be sorry," Erica threatened.

"Now, what's the longitude and latitude of the bomb?" Erica asked.

"I'm...not sure, actually," Murray said. Murray seemed like now he was telling the truth, mostly because he wasn't nibbling on his lollipop.

"Fine, do at least know which area in Egypt?" Erica asked.

"No," Murray said again. "So now that I answered all of your questions, can I go yet?" Murray asked, starting to get up on the couch.

"No," Erica replied, starting to wrap him up with duct tape.

"Few more questions," Erica said.

"Oh, come on, I didn't even get to eat a donut from the buffet yet! It's called an all you can eat buffet for a reason," Murray complained. Erica grabbed a strawberry donut from the minibar and stuffed it in his mouth. Frosting dripped down his mouth.

"Happy?" Erica asked. "Now, when is the bomb going off?" Murray started to answer but with the donut half dripping out of his mouth, it was a bit hard to answer.

"What was that Murray?" Erica demanded.

"Motuy at ien," Murray said, barley making out the words.

"Just spit the donut out," Erica said, grabbing a plastic bag for him to spit in, but Murray held stiff. He clinged onto the donut, chewing disgustingly with cream dripping all over his mouth.

"I said spit!" Erica yelled at him and then punched him in the stomach. The donut flew across the room and landed splat onto a picture handing on the wall.

"Now that you can speak," Erica said and then continued, "when is the bomb going off?"

"Today at ten," Murray said.

"Okay, the exact timing would be nice," Erica said.

"Uh, 10: 30 or so, that's all I know," Murray said. Erica asked a few more questions and then got up.

"Alright. Here is the deal," Erica said. "Ben, Mom and I will go find the gold. Mike, Zoe and Dad will be on the bug team. And Trixd and Grandpa will be grilling Murray. Feel to punch one of Murray's teeth out and fill it with whip cream if he gets too annoyed."

"Didn't you already punch all of them out last time?" Mike asked just before the three of us walked out of the room.

Walking out of the cramped bedroom, I asked," alright, where do we go now?"

"The beach of course," Erica said sarcastically. "We're going to the basement, to get the gold."

"Got it," I said as we walked out of the room.

"Now, Croder probably has bodyguards so we need another way to enter," Erica said.

"You want to crawl through the sewers again?" I exclaimed.

"Oh course not, the area is disgusting even for me," Erica replied.

"Then...how do we get in?" I asked.

"That's your job Ben," Catherine said. "Any ideas?"

"Uh," I hesitated and thought for a moment. "What if we beat them up before they even have a chance to react?"

"I would do that but that isn't going to work. They have guns, security cameras, lasers and who knows what," Erica said.

"Then let's bomb out way in," I replied.

"Bomb...our way in?" Erica exclaimed.

"Not a big bomb, just a small one that can blow it up slightly so we don't get hurt and we can get it." I replied. "Or we can use laughing gas to stun them for a while."

"I guess I don't have any better ideas so let's just stick with the laughing gas," Erica said.

"You sure you don't want to use a bomb?" I asked.

"Laughing gas it is," Erica said firmly, pulling out a bottle of gas from her unity belt.

The elevator's doors ringed and we stepped out of the elevator, not after checking for the security camera first. The area was purely made out of metal. Just silver metal like a secret bunker.

"Okay," I said looking around the area, "we've got a problem." Since everything was made out of steel there was no way of using laughing gas on it. And instead of guards, there were just layers and layers of steel. The only real way to get in was using your fingerprint to press against the door.

"Not a big one," Erica said, glancing around the room. "I know just the way to break in."