Chapter 1: The New Girl in Town

"Here we are again, back in Republic City."

The young girl named Femke told her bound Elf Floxy as they stepped out of a taxi and paid the driver. The man looked at her with a strange look on his face because he couldn't see the little creature sitting on her shoulder.

"That's great, but maybe don't talk to me out loud because they might start staring."

Femke looked at the man who was staring at her and smiled kindly. The man shrugged and continued on. She walked straight to Air Temple Island where she knew Avatar Aang was living with Katara and their little family. She had seen them once when they were still very young but after that she had been gone for a long time, and unknown to her, the time streams in the magix and this dimension were so different that forty-two years had past in this world since she was last here.

Femke's POV

"I'm sorry, Sir, Can you tell me how I can get to Air Temple Island?"

I asked a nearby man. He looked at me before he pointed me into the right direction. I thanked him and walked in the direction he pointed out to me. I almost ran to the direction, I couldn't wait to see my friends again, I had so much to tell them. I'm finally a Believix fairy and saved the world twice. People were staring at me as I did and Floxy just stuck out his tongue at them.

"Floxy, behave yourself or I'll turn you visible."

I said as I petted him tenderly. When I entered the living room of the Air Temple, I saw strangers sitting at the table.

"Excuse me? Is this where Avatar Aang lives?"

I asked a bit unsure. A man that looked a lot like Aang looked at the woman next to him, confused.

"My father, Avatar Aang, died many years ago, didn't you know that?"

I shook my head, as tears started to form in my eyes. I wiped them away and tried to think how this could be. I was here three years ago. Did he only die in that period of time? Why was his son all grown up now? Last time I saw him he was just a baby.

"And the other members of Team Avatar?"

I asked a bit unsure. I hoped some of them were still here. Maybe they could tell me how much time passed since I last was here and what happened in that time. Just when the man was about to answer someone else interrupted him.

"Excuse me?"

A man with his hair in three parts asked from behind me. I smiled when I looked into his eyes. He smiled back at me a bit shy, and I could see he blushed a little.

"This is my home, Tarrlok. We're about to eat dinner."

So his name is Tarrlok. Sounds nice. he looked very nice too, even do he's acting a little too polite for my taste.

"Good, because I am absolutely famished. Airbenders never turn away a hungry guest, am I right? Is this beautiful young lady eating with us as well?"

He asked, pointing at me. I blushed and looked at the man with a kind smile. He nodded and I sat down next to a strong looking water tribe girl. I saw Tarrlok approach her as well.

"You must be Avatar Korra. It's truly an honor. I am Councilman Tarrlok, Representative from the Northern Water Tribe." He said as he bowed to her. So she was the new Avatar and the reincarnation of Avatar Aang? I looked at her, stunned and got up again, getting next to Tarrlok imitating what he did.

"And I'm Femke, a firebender and a fairy. Honored to meet you, Avatar Korra."

I said as I put out my hand to shake hers. I saw she looked at my hand with a raised eyebrow. I quickly realized that it wasn't normal to shake hands in this dimension. In this dimension they bowed. I had been away for so long I almost forgot that.