Chapter 7: When extremes meet

Femke's POV

Bolin and Asami arrived at the Air Temple to stay since the area was getting closed after the Attack of the Equalists.

'Great, now I had to endure the four of them around me all day.' I thought as I sat in a tree near the docks and watched Ikki, Meelo and Jinora standing next to Korra as the ship sailed into the dock.

"You're finally here!" Ikki squealed as two men lowered the plank so the passengers could leave the ship.

"Welcome to Air Temple Island, your new home!" Ikki said with a excited look on her face as Bolin came down first with a bag slung over his shoulder.

"Yes, welcome to my domain!" Meelo said firmly, making me chuckle a little as the trio proceeded to leave the ship.

"Well, Aren't you sweet little Monk child." Bolin smiled as he bended towards Meelo a little. I smiled at little at this as Pabu suddenly scurried off the ship and chirped as he went right between Meelo's legs towards Naga.

"What's that fuzzy creature?" Meelo asked as he bended down to look at Pabu as he came by, making me chuckle a little as all teens looked at Meelo strangely.

"That's a fire ferret, an arboreal mammal common to the bamboo forests of the Central Earth Kingdom" Jinora explained as Pabu and Naga sniffed each other, Pabu putting its little paws on Naga's nose to be able to come closer.

"He's cute!" Ikki squealed as she ran towards Pabu, who hissed and ran off with Ikki chasing him as Meelo popped on Naga's head and pulled his ears backwards.

"Yip, yip! Fly, Sky Bison! Fly!" Meelo commanded as he kept pulling at Naga's ears, who didn't react to Meelo's antics as I jumped down and went to welcome them as well.

"Hey. Welcome to the island. Hope you had a safe journey here." I smiled as I looked at the Air Acolytes exiting the ship with the luggage.

"We did." Mako said shortly before he turned his attention to Korra. "Thanks for sending the Air Acolytes to help with the move." Mako smiled as he looked at Asami.

"Yes, they have been amazing." Asami smiled as she flipped her hair from her face. All of us looked up as the Air Acolytes left the boat now, groaning loudly as they carried a lot of luggage with them.

"I thought you were only bringing a few things." Korra said as she lookes at the Air Acolytes dropping a few thing, quickly picking them up again before they continued to walk towards the temple.

"Believe me. It could have been worse." Mako assured Korra as I smirked a little. Asami wasn't the typical rich girl but she still had her moments.

"So, you're living here as well?" Bolin asked as he got next to me.

"It will only be temporarily. Once I found all four bending fairies you'll be rid of me." I said coldly as I walked to a bag they had forgotten and picked it up to bring it to the Acolytes.

"I didn't meant it like that. I was just wondering if you lived here as well or if you lived with your boyfriend." Bolin said, which made me look up blushing a little.

"He is not my! Forget it! I live here but like i said, it's temporarily." I said as I managed to put the bag on the stack again in a single throw.

"Good throw. You know, if you had got here sooner you might have been a great pro-bender." Bolin said, which made me smile.

"You think so?" I asked as we all headed towards the temple, trying to ignore the fact that Meelo was flirting with Asami.

"Yeah. You need to be athletic for it. Maybe once the stadium is opened again I could show you a few moves." Bolin started but stopped as Korra gave him a stern look.