Chapter 8: To talk or not to talk

Femke's POV

We arrived at city hall in a flash, the driver going as fast as he was allowed to. We arrived at city hall with top speed, causing me to tumble into Lins lap as the car stopped abruptly.

"Sorry about that. That driver sure knows what 'stop' means." I joked as I brushed myself off and got out of the car, ignoring tarrlok sitting on the small stairs with a healer tending to him as I walked around city hall, which looked very messed up while Tarrlok told Tenzin what had happened.

'Feria, what do you think?' I thought as I looked at a rather big pit in the ground in which an Equalist's glove rested.

'It looks like an Equalist attack. But I'm not too convinced off Tarrlok's story. it sounds off, if you ask me." Feria's voice said in my head as I bent down and let my fingers glide over the outline's of the crater.

"You're right. Something isn't right. But what?" I mumbled as I looked at the crater. In a flash I saw Korra make the crater by landing here, looking at Tarrlok angrily.

"What is it, Femke?" Tarrlok asked from behind as I felt his hand on my shoulder which made it so I saw that flashback again of his younger self being tormented by Noatak and after that a strange blurry image of a brunette giving a baby looking like Tarrlok to a strange woman, who then smiled down at the baby lovingly.

"I was just wondering; how many Equalists were there? You and Korra couldn't fend them off. Yet we could fend off a dozen last time." I asked, shaking off the images in my head as I looked at Tarrlok sternly, wanting to see if I could get him to tell the truth since that image of Tarrlok and a very angry Korra coming towards him had hinted to me something else happened here.

"There was two dozen of them. They caught us by surprise. I tried to protect Korra. Tried to use my powers just like last time but it failed. They electrocuted me before I could try again." Tarrlok said as he looked at me calmly. It was clear he was lying, my seismic sense was strong enough to pick that up.

'I should tell Lin and the others but that would turn Tarrlok against me but if I don't we might never see Korra again.' i thought as I looked at my medallion sternly, closing my eyes and concentrating on my breathing as I called upon Feria for guidance.

'Follow your heart, Femke. You know you should tell them the truth. Lying isn't the Voortrix way. Nor is it going to help you earn the trust of the Avatar.' Feria's voice said in my head.

'But it might turn Tarrlok against me. How can I make sure they know he is lying without angering Tarrlok and turning him against the Voortrix?' I thought to Feria as Lin broke out Mako, Bolin and Asami.

"Maybe. But he has to understand what he is doing is wrong, Femke. You can't be a true Voortrix if you lie and cheat." Feria said, which made me sigh, knowing she was right. But it was hard for me to betray Tarrlok because he was the closest person I had right now.

'It is the right thing to do and as a Voortrix fairy you should always do what is right, no matter what the costs might be." Feria said as we got into a tunnel underneath the road that was part of an Equalist base where Mako took things so serious it looked to Asami as if he was obsessed with saving Korra, which caused her to ask Bolin if Mako was alright. He was but it also made Bolin say to Asami that Mako had kissed Korra once during the tournament which really upset Asami.

'And she is right to be so. Being worried is one thing, but lying about not having any feelings for her is a whole other thing and bad at that.' I thought as I stomped the ground, using my seismic sense to see if I could detect anything.