Chapter 3: The Gala

Chapter 3: The Gala

Femke's POV

A few weeks went by at Air Temple Island in which Korra continued her airbending training with Tenzin as well as her training with the pro-bending team she was currently in. Korra told me a lot about pro-bending, as well as the rules and how the game was played. It sounded really nice to me and I wondered if I would play in a pro-bending team as well someday. It did sound like a cool game to play. I didn't see Tarrlok again in the few weeks that followed but he did send avatar Korra all sorts of gifts to try and convince her to join his task force. Only one time he send me a gift as well. A small necklace in the form of a hearth with the some Kanji engraved in it. I didn't know what it said but I loved the gesture. It meant he really cared about me. Floxy however thought it meant something more and made all kind of jokes about it whenever I touched it.

"I think it means New Love." He teased me while I saw the servant Tarrlok had sent several times with gifts for Korra. I smiled when I saw him, wondering what Tarrlok would give to Korra this time.

"Avatar Korra, I have something for you."

The councilman's servant said as he walked up to Korra for the fifth time this week, reaching in his pocket but Korra was in a bad mood because she jumped on her feet and stomped up some earth under the servant's feet to throw him off balance.

" It doesn't matter how many gifts Tarrlok sends. I'm not joining his task force!" She said as she stomped on the ground so hard that the servant started to become nervous.

"No, no, it's not a present. It's an invitation. Tarrlok is holding a gala in your honor. All of Republic City's important people will be there. The Councilman humbly requests your attendance." The servant said as he handed Korra a blue envelope with a red seal on it. "And I also have an invitation for the young lady with the name Femke. Tarrlok would like it if she came as well." The servant said as he handed me the same envelope. I took it with a slight bow of my head and blushed a little. Tarrlok had asked me to come over as well, which had to mean he liked me. I liked him as well. As a friend. But I really wanted to make a good impression, since it would be the first time I would be with the citizens again in eighty-five years and Tenzin already told me Lin Beifong would be there too.

"You just want to make a good impression on Tarrlok, we all know that." Floxy joked when I asked him how I looked for the fifth time that hour.

"Floxy, you know I'm married. Stop making fun of it, okay?"

I exclaimed, a bit irritated by his constant teasing. It wasn't like I didn't have any feelings for Tarrlok but they were just not like I was in love with him, it felt more like he had something special. Not only his fairy powers but also in his appearance that seemed to trigger some feelings within me. Like I knew him from somewhere. I couldn't recall from where or when since I have been away from the Avatar World for eighty-five years.

"It could be your feelings are like this because of his fairy powers since his past life and your past life knew each other." Floxy said with a thoughtful look in his purple eyes. Something that made me laugh on the inside. Floxy was never match of a thinker and to see him actually think about something before he spits it out. That's rare and since he was making such a funny face while doing so it was hard not to laugh.

"We'll see soon enough. We gotta go now or we're gonna be late." I smiled as I fixed the young elf's tie then put him on my shoulder before we headed to the place where the party was held.

Tarrlok's POV

The night off the party I made sure I looked my best not only because I was the host but also because Femke would be there. The fairy girl with the beautiful hazel eyes that somehow didn't leave my thoughts.