Chapter 5: Fairy Training Begins

The next morning at Air Temple Island, Femke stretched, yawning while she scratched herself. She didn't really have a habit of getting up early but she had woken up and couldn't get back to sleep anymore so she turned on a small portable radio that stood near the training ground and started her morning routine. She was so caught up by what she was doing that she didn't notice that Korra came out as well, grumping a little to herself as she passed by, only to look up surprised when she saw the young fairy was already training.

Femke's POV

"You're up early." A voice called out from behind me which made my head snap up because I had been so caught up in what I had been doing that I hadn't taken the time to keep in touch with my surroundings. I sighed in relief when I saw it was Korra, standing behind me with a bag in her hand, off to get to pro bending training.

"That makes two of us. Off to train for the big final?" I smiled, which Korra answered with a smirk and a nod.

"I wish you the best of luck, I really hope you manage to beat those arrogant Wolfbats. I met them once in town and I couldn't stand them the moment I lied eyes on them." I smiled, remembering the one time I had seen them when Tarrlok gave me a tour through town. Their leader Thano had tried to flirt with me and when I told him to get lost because I wasn't interested he started to mock me for being with a older man. Jerk. Like I was with Tarrlok like that.

'Even though Tarrlok announced were a couple since yesterday. I mean, I'm with Grovyle. We're going to be married! I couldn't think of someone else as more than a friend.' I thought firmly.

"Thanks. But really, what are you doing up this early? Waiting for your boyfriend to show up?" Korra asked me teasingly which made that I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Boyfriend? What? No! We're just" I stammered as I blushed deeply. 'I better go with what Tarrlok announced yesterday, it would be weird if I told her something different from what she heard on the radio but this lying is already getting on my nerves.'

"Femke, don't lie, I heard Tarrlok's announcement on the radio. I know you two are more than just friends now." Korra said as she gave me a stern look.

" I wasn't going to, but yeah. I just need to get used to that a little, that's all." I stammered as I looked at her, then at the floor with a shy smile. "I didn't expect I would come back here, find everything changed, everyone I used to know is dead and get a boyfriend all in the same week." I admitted. The last thing was a lie. Our relationship was just a excuse to be together a lot without too much questions.

"Not many people do, I guess. I just want to warn you with something Tenzin warned me for as well: Tarrlok is a sly manipulator who will use whatever method or persons necessary to get what he wants; power. Don't get fooled by his flattery and gifts. Pretty sure it's all a trick to get you to do his bidding." Korra told me firmly, which made me nod.

"Thanks for the warning Korra, I'll be on guard" I told her with a smile on my face, before I waved her goodbye. 'Maybe she isn't so bad after all. It's true what they say; never judge a book by it's cover.' I thought smiling as I went on with my daily training until Tarrlok came to me and asked me if I would like to accompany him on a morning stroll, which I accepted with Korra's warning in the back of my mind, which had made me more on guard as we walked through a beautiful park, not just answering any question carelessly anymore. Something Tarrlok must have noticed because after a while he asked me what was bothering me.

"Nothing. I just woke up. I need time to get more talkative." I said, which wasn't a lie, normally I didn't liked to get up early, and when I finally woke up I needed a lot of time before I was fully awake. But today I was wide awake for some reason which Tarrlok also seemed to notice, since he looked at me with a raised eyebrow.