Chapter 4: Pro-bending

Normal POV

After the Gala, Femke and Tarrlok agreed to meet up several times, much to the annoyance of Korra, who saw Tarrlok as the corrupt man he was.

"Femke, he is using you to get to me." Korra told Femke after three days of having Femke go away during the day to see Tarrlok and being shown around town by him, enjoying his presence.

"He isn't, Korra. He's just showing me around town, teaching me what I need to know to blend in with the crowd for the time being." Femke said, sounding insulted as she sat across Korra in the living room, while Tenzin and korra sat across her.

"Femke, he wants to use you to get me to do his bidding and you're falling for it hook, line and sinker. He is corrupt. You should stop seeing him." Korra said angrily.

"That is the same as asking you to stop see Mako, Bolin and Asami. Korra, he's my friend. If you were more like Aang, you would see he might be a little harsh on the outside but inside he is good and gentle and kind." Femke started as she looked to the side with a smile on her face.

"Aang has nothing to do with this. Why do you bring him up all of a sudden?" Tenzin asked, sounding annoyed as he looked at Femke angrily, not liking to get his father involved in a case he had nothing to do with.

"Aang was a good person who always listened before he judged and knew what mercy was. He didn't kill ozai. He spared Yakone while he had the power to destroy them both, knowing they might just need a second chance and the right guidance to turn away from the dark inside them." Femke said. "I just want to ask you both to ease up on him. Give him a chance to explain himself and why he does what he does. Maybe he isn't so bad after all." Femke continued as she looked from Tenzin to Korra with a judgemental look.

"I'm not Aang! And your boyfriend will not get any slack from me if he crosses the line!" Korra said as she smacked her hand on the table firmly, at which Femke got up and turned away.

"If you knew him like I did, you would understand." Femke said as she walked to the door.

"Well then. Don't expect me to trust you, ever again!" Korra yelled at her, which made Femke turn and look at Korra with cold eyes since she had just meant to tell what she knew about Tarrlok and now she had thrown away her last chance to rejoin the new Team Avatar as she had before.

"I wish I had been back in time. When Aang was still here. He would have at least understood me. He was a true friend." Femke said coldly as she opened the door, smacking it closed behind, before she ran off wailing in the garden, running into Tarrlok, who had just come to see her.

"What's wrong?" Tarrlok asked the brunette as he saw she was crying but Femke pushed him to the side and ran further into the garden, hiding in a treetop.

"Femke? Where are you?" Tarrlok called out, searching for the upset brunette, finding her after a short while in the treetop because she was singing to herself

Tarrlok's POV

"Time will fly, days will pas. But i will be with you and someday you will know, love will bring us together. How far I will be, I will always be close, in your hearth is the song of love and forgiveness, let it set you free, let it give you wings." I gasped as I recognized the song as the song from my dream.

'How does she know that? She hasn't been here for so long.' I thought as I climbed a little clumsily in the tree and got on a branch near Femke.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I looked at her worriedly. I hadn't seen her this sad before.

"Korra and I had a fight. I tried to make them ease up on you a little but she got angry at me because I compared her to Aang." Femke said as she sniffled a little.