Chap 15 Gravity Defying

Ahh. She was dreading for this day to come.

Itachi had mentioned that they went to the funeral for another batch of fallen shinobi the other day. And what more could that mean other than the fact that fellow ninjas had fallen.

Uchiha Obito. Nohara Rin.

A few days had passed but she's not surprised to see Nohara Kentaro there. It could just be her imagination, but she swear she saw a blob of silver hair from behind the branches of the trees near them.

Kana slowly walk towards the grown man, but Hosu had leaped off her head to rush over to him sitting in front of his niece's grave. Kentaro patted Hosu's head as she plopped beside him.

"Hey, squirt." He greeted with a smile. Kana knows better. He looks older and much more tired from when she last saw him a few days ago. There's saddness and exhaustion visible from his eyes. He's grieving, and it's taking a huge toll on him. He lost his only family left, after all. "Sorry I closed the shop early today. I was... You know.." He motioned to the stone, and she nodded.

"I understand, Ken-ossan." She only said before they lapsed into a comfortable silence. She pulled out a shogi piece, fiddling with it in her hands.

"I know this probably won't be appropriate, especially now, but I wanna ask you something." She started after they sat there for the past ten minutes in utter silence. Kentaro only nodded for her to go on. "Do you still want me to become your apprentice?"

He look at her weirdly. "Yes of course. Why would you ask that?"

"Well... You know..." She opened and closed her mouth a few times, hesitating in her words. "You lost too much and... And then... When I die one day..."

The man barked out a laugh. "You do know that I have friends, right?"

"I know that!" She sputtered. "It's just that... There's a possibility that I'll fight in the war and might die early... And as your apprentice..."

A large but warm hand was placed on her head, and she look up to see Kentaro smiling down at her warmly. "I'll be fine. This is why I wanna take you as my apprentice, so you can make your own weapons that can protect you," He said.

Kana only stared at him, before she nodded slowly.

'I wonder what he will think of me once he know that I'm aware of what happened to Rin, but choosing not to do anything about it.'

"I thought Ken-ossan was scary at first because you're large and looks intimidating, but I can't believe that you're this positive and friendly."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

He sensed a small chakra signature behind him, probably a child, so he paid no attention to it.

Until the said child crouched beside him, placing flowers down the stone grave in front of him.

The girl have wide blue eyes, midnight dark hair and fair complexion. His glaze went to the flowers she placed. White Lilys. She place her hands together, closing her eyes and prayed quietly.

"Are you her friend, shinobi-san?" She asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Teammate," He said, not bothering to look back at the kid.

"Then you are her friend."

"...Yeah."

"I haven't really met her, but I know stinky Ken-ossan. She seems to be an awesome person–" The girl continued rambling, and Kakashi can only half-heartedly listen. "–...he said he won't allow me take her because he thinks I won't have much time to give her. Kinda rude."

'So this kid was the kid Kushina-san was talking about non-stop.' He thought, before noticing a chakra signature walking towards them. "People either call you a genius or a prodigy. Get used to it," He said bluntly.

"I know but–" she snapped her head up, and it was the first time he saw such blue eyes. They're darker than Minato's, but they certainly sparkle more. Like the color of the sea as you go deeper into the bottomless void. "Wait, you know me shinobi-san?"

"Almost every shinobi knows about you, Kana-san." He said, turning on his heel and leisurely walking away from the graves. 'Although not really all was known about you.'

He passed by the Uchiha heir, who oddly has a strange kitten that looks like a cheetah in his arms. They didn't say anything to each other, though he immediately went out of their range after he heard a small exchange.

"That's Hatake Kakashi-san, Kana-san."

"Oh, Thanks Itachi-chan. But I'm still gonna call him shinobu-san outloud and gravity defying white haired old-but-young weird man in my head since he didn't told me his name himself."

"Excume me Kana-san but gravity defying what now?"

"I heard that the troops sent out at the south borders are gonna get back this week."

Kana raised her head, her hand halting from practicing kanji as Shikaku said almost pointedly. "South?"

Yoshink made a noise of happiness as Shikaku nodded. "Thank kami there wasn't any problem on the south. Your friend was sent out there, right, Kana-chan?" Shikaku said, sprawled on the couch as Yoshino made dinner.

Kana nodded with a hum, continuing on her Kanji but stayed deep in thought.

A few days has passed since she met Kakashi. Everyday, she would visit the graves for a few minutes as a break from training. Sometimes she would spot the teen, and then she would make a small conversation from there on until one of them leaves.

She'll surely be waiting at the Naka river from morning to evening before dinner. They might return at late night but there's no way she'll miss them at day.

"By the way, Kana-chan," Yoshino piped around the end of their dinner. "Kushina told me something really interesting today. What's this about you calling Kakashi-kun 'gravity defying white man'?"

Kana froze, before she look down on her lap with a small blush.

She accidentally let it slip when she and Kushina were catching up when the older woman was visiting Rin and 'Obito'. Kana didn't mean to say it like that, but she was feeling a but lightheaded from training that she accidentally called him as 'gravity defying white man'. She didn't noticed until Kushina bursted out laughing. Kana told her not to tell anyone, but of course Kushina can't keep her mouth shut for long.

"I'm sorry...... Does Kakashi-san know..?"

"I think he does. Saw him destroying trees this afternoon," Shikaku responded. "He looks more embarrassed that Kushina knows though."

"Ahh..."

'Shit.'

LMAO HAHA I HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR THIS LATENESS AND SHORT CHAPTER–

Well.. Maybe Black Clover..? I just caught up : DD