Chap 8 More Uchiha

"Thank you for inviting me, Fugaku-san." Kana bowed politely as she sat across from Fugaku, both in a seiza position sitting on their shins tucked underneath them.

Let's see how long can Kana last sitting like that before her legs give up on her.

Shisui had left the moment Kana step inside the engawa. Mikoto offered him to come in and offered some snacks, but the boy politely refused, saying that he needs to run some errands for the grandmother next door. He left with a grin and a small wave.

Tch, errands my ass. The boy would most likely be training. He became an S rank target at such a young age, by becoming super duper fast. And how do you become super duper fast at such a young age? By training nonstop. And how old is he again now? Five? Six?

Damn idiots and their wars.

Dammit Kishimoto.

"Oh, and this is just something small, but please accept it." She handed the box of potato cheese balls to Mikoto, who was serving them some tea.

The woman look at the box surprised. "Oh my, you didn't have to, Kana-chan." She said, but she accepted the box anyway.

Fugaku nodded in agreement. "She's right, you didn't have to. You had found my son when we were having trouble finding him." Kana started panicking when Fugaku and Mikoto lowered in a bow. What the fuck do you do if grownups bows at you?

"Thank you, Kana-san. We're in your debt."

Kana wave her arms like she was saying no. "Ahh, it's nothing, sir, ma'am. I just stumbled upon him is all." She sweatdropped. "Please raise your heads...?"

Really, she can't see what's the fuss was about. She just took little Itachi back to his mother. Can't they track the kid or something? Didn't they have those special yet cursed eyes? It's just a kid they were searching for, and they're literally adults. One is the yellow flash, and his father has the freaking Mangekyo.

Something was not making sense here.

In the end, the couple stopped bowing. They're persistent on the debt though.

Mikoto had went to the kitchen, probably to see what she had brought, while her and Fugaku stayed in the living room.

"I heard you just arrived in Konoha a few days ago." Fugaku sipped on his tea. "I hope you're enjoying your time here, Kana-san."

She lowered her own cup of tea, grimacing a bit. "Please, Fugaku-san. Just Kana is enough." She said. It's weird getting called Kana-san. Since she's a child, and he's an adult and the head of a powerful clan.

Fugaku must have thought the same as he agreed on just calling her without any suffixes.

"And yes, I am settling nicely here. The people are nice, and the village certainly got the homey feeling in it." Kana smiled. "Shikaku-oji and Yoshino-oba is nice too. So are the other Naras." She added as an afterthought. "They can be really lazy though."

"The Nara's intelligence makes up for their effort." He paused. "Or lack of, I suppose."

Kana nodded. "Yes. I haven't been here for long but there's always either one person or two waiting for Shikaku-oji everyday at the doors. I sometimes hear them talking about 'Shoji' and challenges." She said, before sipping on her tea.

"Kana, would you mind if I ask you some things?" Fugaku suddenly asked.

Kana look up from her tea and saw Fugaku looking at her with an unreadable expression. Overwhelmed with curiosity, she nodded to let him go on. "Ask away, Fugaku-san."