Chap 5 Shopping

Trigger warning: dark heavy thoughts. I'll make sure to make it fast though.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

"Hey Kana-chaan.."

She groan, rolling over to the other side, not bothering to see whoever called.

"Kanaaa.."

"Five more minutes.." She slurred

There was silence. Kana was about to fell into slumber once again when,

"GET YOUR ASS UP YOUNG LADY!!"

Kana screamed, bolting upright in the bed. She blink down at the jade sheets before slowly dragging her eyes to the fuming lady.

She gulp. "G-good morning, Yoshino-san." She greeted nervously. She thought the woman was going to erupt once again, but she just sigh.

"Breakfast is ready. Be down in fifteen minutes." She said simply before leaving while muttering under her breath. "I swear if she became another lazy ass like that man, I'll skin..."

Kana made her bed, letting Hosu sleep for more as she did her morning routine. She can't help but let out a tired sigh as she look at the little girl in the mirror.

Her blue eyes were a bit puffy and red, small lips dry and chapped. Last night after dinner, she head straight back here and let herself broke. She felt angry and suddenly just want to mourn. Mourn for her past life, for the life she left, mourn for this life, mourn for her now dead clan, mourn for her brother, mourn for herself.

Mourn for Kana, this kid who she just stole her life from.

She know she's being dramatic, but she can't help but think that she doesn't deserve this kid's life. She can't help but feel that she stole this life from someone who should be living her best moments now.

She can't help but mourn, and mourn she did.

But now, she just feel numb.

Numb for everything.

"Hosu," she nudge the kitten/cheetah softly. "Hosu, breakfast." She said.

He yawned, stretching his form before jumping into her arms. "Ohayogozaimazu, Kana-hime." He purred.

"Ohayo." She mumbled, scratching his head behind his ears, earning more deep purrs as she walk to the kitchen. "Ohayo, Shikaku-san, Yoshino-san." She greeted to the two adults as she sat beside the man.

"Ohayo, Kana-chan." Yoshino greeted back while Shikaku just grunted still half asleep. Yoshino placed a bowl of miso soup and something Kana can't recognize on the table rather loudly, waking the man. "Though, you don't have to be formal with us. You can call me Yoshino-oba if you like." She winked as Hosu jump down to roll on the carpet. Then she went back to the kitchen to get more food. "After all, you're soon to be family."

It took a moment for that to register into Kana's brain.

"Eh?" She look at the pineapple head beside her.

"It's troublesome but this makes the cover more realistic." He drawled before smirking at her dumbfounded expression. "Call me Shikaku-oji from now on, kid."

"Oh, okay... Shikaku-oji." She said with a small nod, staring into space.

So she practically got adopted into the Nara household, into Shikamaru's family, and anhtine now they would be adopting her to become an official family.

Oh god, a new family.

"Your cooking is really delicious, Yoshino-oba." She said to the woman after a few bites.