Chap 7 Uchiha

Kana sat upright on her bed, felling her eyelids drop heavily but can't get herself to fall back asleep. It's like you and your body want to sleep but you can't just fell asleep. She needs to shake off the tiredness dammit.

She sweatdrop once she saw the time on her bedside table. Yoshino's not even up at this time yet. This already happened to her before, when she was still Samantha. This is not the first time it happened to her, but it's the first time as Kana. This won't be the last either.

Carefully getting out of bed not to tipped Hosu, she went to the bathroom to do her buisness quietly. She got out of the bathroom ten minutes later in a  surprisingly not a Shikaku shirt, a normal pastel yellow one at that, and black shorts. She went to the kitchen immediately to remove the tiredness from her system.

She work quietly not to disturb or wake up anyone in the house, seeing Yoshino would usually the first one up not her. But she didn't doubt that Shikaku woke up already, only choosing to stay hidden on their bedroom. They didn't know of her sensing stuff then.

Twenty minutes later, she stared down at the plates of Rice omelette before scowling heavily. Not enough.

She took ten potatoes, two eggs, a cup of salt, and aw yiss mozzarella cheese and placed them all in a counter. She frowned when she realize there's no breadcrumbs. She grab a handful of bread instead.

She peeled the potatoes first, then boiled with water until it has softened for a bit. Then she mashed them until they can be reshaped into small balls. Then she put four tablespoons of salt, mashing them all together once again. She sliced the mozzarella into small pieces.

Setting all the ingredients side by side, she took a spoonful of the mashed potatoes and placed a mozzarella piece inside, immediately shaping it into a circle. She repeated doing it until there's no mashed potatoes left.

Then she teared the bread into smaller portions before she crushed them all into the blender. It's strange how there's no breadcrumbs here but there's a blender and mozzarella.

She dipped each potato mozzarella into the already mixed egg then coated them into the breadcrumbs. After that, she set them all aside and heated the pan.

'Yoshino would flip when she learned how much potatoes I used..' She thought absentmindedly as she poured half of the bottle of oil into the pan. She let the oil heat before she fried the first batch of potato mozzarella. Once they were an acceptable golden brown, she rinsed them out before frying the next batch.

Almost an hour later, just as a satisfied Kana was washing the pan she used, Yoshino came into the kitchen with a surprised expression.

"Kana-chan?" She called. "You're up early. And you made breakfast. What are these?" She asked. Kana turn her head, careful not to slip into the stool, and saw Yoshino looking at her potato mozzarella in curiosity. She turn back to concentrate in scrubbing the pan.

"They're my babies." She said proudly. "They're Potato Cheese balls."

There was a pause behind her before a nervous laugh. "But Kana-chan.." Yoshino said slowly. "Isn't this a bit... Too much for us?"

At that, Kana slumped.

Ahh yes. She always has this thing of making too much food for herself, or for anyone at this matter. Her goal would be making a dessert for two person, and she would be making for five.

"A habbit, I guess." Was what she answered. She dried the pan as Yoshino went upstairs to wake up her husband. She paid no attention to the series of thumps and thuds, setting the table instead.