Chap 11 Playing Shogi

Kana cannot win a single match against the three male adults. That's not really surprising. They may be close to her mental age, which was twenty by the way, but they're still older by a few years, and more tactful and strategic because of their affiliation as ninjas. Shikaku is a natural genius being a Nara, Inochi is from a clan that can easily get inside your mind, and Chouza is a teammate of the former two. Of course there's no way she can beat them.

But she'll never say no to challenges like these.

They made her play and stick five leaves on her arms at the same time. Which kind of made sense so she can concentrate on playing and chakra excercise.

She was currently on her way to being beaten by Chouza for the fourth time. Shikaku had already beat her five times, Inochi beating her four times. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion when Chouza once again move his Gold General in front of her pawn.

It's been like this since they first started playing. Their strategies would be too confusing to understand. First their moves would make so much sense, and she found herself predicting the next, but then they would do the unpredictable and would simply be moving pieces back and forth. Then they would move again and it would make so much sense why didn't she saw that coming?

She felt frustration bubbling up her stomach, the leaves bristling on her arms. She look at the leaves, curiosity momentary overcoming her frustration, and the leaves went still again.

She can clearly feel the men's amusement even if she wasn't looking as she tried flapping the leaves like wings.

"Concentrate, Kana-chan," Chouza said, snapping her back to reality. She look down on the board with pink dusting her cheeks while mumbling a small 'sorry'.

Hosu meowed, making them look up and saw Yoshino walking towards them. She raised an eyebrow at the board.

"Really, Shikaku? Don't you think she's a bit too young to learn shogi?" She asked, seeing how the child was clearly being wiped out.

Shikaku just wave her off. "Nah, Kana's smart. She'll grasp it sooner or later."

Kana can feel her cheeks heating up at the easy compliment, mentally cursing on how she was blushing easily today.

"Well, dinner's getting ready, so you two better finish soon, or I'll make you do the shopping tomorrow." Yoshino said nonchalantly, like she didn't threaten them on grocery shopping.

Shikaku and Kana paled. It's Saturday tommorow. Which means that housewives, the mothers, are going to shop too.

It won't be fun.

Shikaku whipped his head to them. "You better finish fast," He grunted.

"I know," She muttered back.

Yoshino turned to the other two laughing boys. "How about you two? You can join us if you want." She offered.

Inochi laugh, scratching the back of his head. "Sorry, Yoshino-chan. Amane ia expecting me tonight."

"Marue too." Chouza nodded, taking her General with his Lance. "Check, Kana-chan."

Kana noted that Amane and Marue must be their wives, but that didn't stop the sound of a dying animal erupting from the back of her throat, making the adults chuckle. She scanned the board for a minute, before giving the man a deadpan. "Did you mean checkmate?"

Chouza look at her in confusion, looking down to also scan the board, before nodding. "You're right. Checkmate then." He grinned. Even if she tried moving any peice, he could still check her.