05| her

──・・𖥸・・──

──・・𖥸・・──

She's gone. Fuck.

I lost her in the crowd, and now I feel like an asshole. I don't know what got her so spooked, but it must have been bad enough for her to leave all together.

I push through the crowd until I find Damon and Adonis at one of the smaller bonfires. Adonis notices me first and her smile falls. "Are you okay, Hudson? You look pretty out of it."

"What?" I blink and try to look as casual as possible. "I'm fine."

"What happened to that girl you were with? The one with dirty blonde hair," Damon asks.

"I've got no ide—"

"There you are Hudson! I've been looking everywhere for you!" God shoot me now. I turn around to find whats-her-name approaching us.

"Yep...here I am."

She wraps her arms around my torso so tightly that I literally have to pry her arms off of me. I've met a lot of clingy chicks, but none have ever been as bad as she is. Adonis and Damon glance at each other then back to me, both utterly confused. I'm not drunk enough for this.

I turn to face the girl. "Hey, blondie, wanna do me a huge favor?"

"Anything," she runs her fingers through her hair and bats her eyelashes. I miss her friend, at least she was fun to be around...I wish I knew her name.

"Be a doll and go get me a whiskey," I make sure to give her a smile that I know will melt her.

The girl rushes off, shoving people aside. I sit down on the log beside Adonis and Damon's with my head in my hands. God, she's a fuckin' headache. I'd rather deal with my dad than her, and that says a lot.

"Isn't Em supposed to be here?" I ask Damon.

"She is here, somewhere. We saw her earlier near the snack table."

I nod and try to think about anything but that annoying chick. My mind travels back to her friend and the look of pure horror on her face. I feel awful. I don't know what happened, but the way she ran away from me tells me that it's all my fault. Guilt isn't an emotion I feel often, but right now it's hitting me like a truck.

"Hey," I feel someone's hand on my shoulder and look up to find Emma smiling at me. "Why the long face?"

"I think I hurt a girl's feelings," I mumble without skipping a beat.

Em's eyes widen and she takes a seat beside me. "You actually care about a girl's feelings? Who are you and what've you done with my cousin?"

"I'm being serious. She was different, she wasn't throwing herself at me, if anything she was throwing herself away from me. And the moment I get her to talk to me, I fuck it up."