Chapter 3

Your POV:
After a decent night's sleep, I was at the front gates where Fushiguro, Kugisaki and Itadori were. With an auxiliary manager who was waiting with them. I'd met him before, through Gojo-Sensei so I was already aware of who he was. We all got into his car, heading to where our mission was to take place. I had already read up on the mission beforehand since I had the highest rank here.

"The window confirmed three hours ago the existence of a cursed womb." I begin.

"The evacuation was at 90% when the facility was closed after the scene was evaluated. Five patients are still inside the 2nd lodge of the inmates hospital. With the cursed womb. If the cursed womb can mutate, it could quite easily become a High-Grade cursed spirit." I finish.

"I don't understand this high grade stuff." Itadori says.

I sigh before Ijichi explains the grading system in a way Itadori would understand. Rather plainly. Some slack must be cut since he's entirely new to the world of sorcery.

"Naturally, shamans would be placed on missions equal to the cursed grade. Which would be me or Sensei." I explain.

"At least we have you!" Itadori beams.

"Now is not the time to get excited. Sensei would be here but he said he was on a business trip. Which I doubt. There will always be a labour shortage of shamans so it's quite common for this situation to happen. Only in emergencies however." I say.

"When it comes to a High-Grade curse, you have two options." Ijichi starts.

"That is if you're a lower rank to the curse. You run. Or die." I add.

"The mission is to confirm if there are any survivors. If there are, rescue them. That is all. Do not engage in the High-Grade should we come across it. That is up to me to deal with." I explain.

We all begin heading in towards the hospital, walking by family members who were waiting for news. I heard a mother calling out, asking if her son was alright. It halted Itadori in his tracks before Ijichi gave a professional answer towards her. As of now, we can't openly admit that they are or are not alive. Because it isn't something we can know until we were face-to-face with them.

"Fushiguro. Kugisaki. Y/N. We're going to save them." Itadori declares.

"Don't go wasting your time on hope. Where's your proof that any of the five inmates we are looking for are actually alive?" I remark.

Once we stood outside a door, Ijichi began bringing down a screen to protect the outside people. The screen came down and Itadori had a look of amazement on his face. Fushiguro explained that the screen was to hide us from the outside. It was a slight setback that we had to keep explaining things to Itadori but he was new to this so it was understandable.

Fushiguro made a hand sign before summoning his Jade Hounds to aid us. They acted as our extra sets of noses to warn us if curses were nearby. Even though I could sense them myself, it was good to have as many aids as we could considering we couldn't definitively tell what lies ahead of us.

All four of us, plus Fushiguro's Jade Hounds began walking into the hospital. It almost looked as if the building had been manipulated from the inside. It gave me an eerie feeling. Something telling me that there are no survivors and that the building would again be manipulated to block our exit.

"We're supposed to be in the two-story dorm, right?" Itadori asked.

"Calm down." Kugisaki said.

"No he has every right to be on edge." I say.

"Where's the gate?" Fushiguro asks, turning his head.

We all turned around to notice the door had disappeared from behind us. Meaning the dormitory expanded because of a magical force. I saw Fushiguro kneel down near his hound, most likely seeing if he remembered the scent of the door itself. As soon as he confirmed that it did, Itadori and Kugisaki seemed to be doing some sort of dance. Then they calmed down and started ruffling the hound's fur, talking about buying jerky. I 'tsked' in annoyance before Itadori spoke up.

"You really are reliable, Fushiguro." Itadori said with a beaming smile.

We continued going forward into the dormitory, keeping an eye out for survivors. But I couldn't sense anything. I could only sense the four of us, plus a powerful curse. We turned a corner, seeing half of one of the survivors slumped against a wall. With two balls of body parts lying in front of him. My theory was correct, no survivors.

"It's okay to say these are three people, right?" Fushiguro asks, aiming the question at me.

"Why are you asking me?!" I panic slightly.

"Because you are the highest grade. Meaning you're technically in charge." Kugisaki chimed in.

"O-oh right. Then yes, I agree with Fushiguro. It's safe to assume there are no survivors." I comment, loud enough for Itadori to hear.

Knowing how he held himself, he wanted to give everyone a just death. Meaning he was willing on doing everything in his power to find something of the son of the mother outside to return to her. So she had something left of her son. Either that, or he'd insist on taking the body with us.

"I'm taking his body." Itadori comments.

"Huh?" Kugisaki remarked.

"It's her son." He replies, still kneeling down.

"But-" Kugisaki said, getting cut off by Itadori.

"Being told he's death without a body... she won't be able to grasp it." Itadori says, trying to support his case.

"We didn't come here to take home dead bodies. We need to confirm the other two people as alive or dead. So leave the body." I say.

"When we looked behind, the path disappeared. We won't have any leeway to come back." Itadori said.

"No one said come back. I said forget it." I say as Fushiguro and Itadori grip each other's uniform tops.

"I don't care to rescue people I don't want to help... and those who have become corpses." Fushiguro blankly says.

"What do you mean?" Itadori asks.

"Aren't you aware of where we are? It's a reform school. Didn't you read the information given beforehand?" I start.

"He was driving a car with a license and hit a primary school girl when she was on her way home from school. It was the second time he was driving without a license." Fushiguro says, explaining the information we had been given.

"You really want to lead people to the right death. But what if the people you save kill others in the future?" Fushiguro asks.

"So why did you save me?!" Itadori remarks.

"Stop it! Both of you. Now is not the time for this. Itadori, if you so badly want to give the person a piece to remember her son by, take his name tag from his shirt and let's get this over with." I say as I notice Kugisaki's energy disappear.

"Kugisaki?" Itadori said.

"She'll be fine. I can faintly sense her. She was teleported somewhere." I reassure.

The three of us then turn around the notice Fushiguro's Jade Wolf in the wall, blood pouring out of its mouth. It didn't even give a signal to say it had sensed a curse. What is going on here.

"Itadori! Run! We'll search for Kugisaki later on!" Fushiguro demands.

Before anyone could even move from their spots, I sensed a high amount of cursed energy stood between the three of us. Stopping us from even moving an inch. I was able to move and I managed to jump back. Getting a clearer view of the curse I could tell it was a High-Grade. What were the higher-ups thinking?!

Itadori went to hit the curse with a weapon he was given to him by Sensei since he didn't know how to use his cursed energy, but the moment he brought his hand up to strike. His hand was sliced off by the curse. If the bleeding isn't stopped soon, he'll bleed out! This is why Sensei should've just sent me on this mission. Not the other first years.