Chapter 20

Your POV:
After Kugisaki told me Megumi wanted me to dress nicely, I was panicking a little. I had no idea what to wear and to say I was freaking out would be an understatement. I was grabbing random outfits out from my wardrobe, trying to find the perfect one. After only 5 minutes, I collapsed down onto my bed. Sighing.

I stared up at the ceiling before hearing a knock on my door. I got up from my bed and waltzed over to the door and opened it wide to see Kugisaki stood there holding a half empty bubble teacup.

"Kugisaki?" I say.

"Please, call me Nobara! Lemme guess, you need help finding something to wear?" She teases.

"Wha- no." I reply, darting my eyes around.

"Let me help ya!" She beamed.

I led her in and she looked through the pile of clothes on my floor and the remaining clothes that were still strung up in the wardrobe. After not even a minute she was holding a hanger with a short red dress hanging from it. She picked up some black boots to go with it and handed them to me.

"It's perfect!" I say.

Without even caring I just changed into the dress. I mean, me and Nobara are both girls anyway so it's not like it even mattered. I asked her for help zipping up the dress and before I even knew it, 20 minutes had passed. I heard a knock on my door and hesitantly went over to open it.

There stood Megumi in blue slacks with a white button-up shirt. Paired with black shoes.

Think of Megumi's outfit from episode 1.

"You look handsome."

"You look lovely."

Me and Megumi said in unison causing each other to blush. He offered out his hand to which I took and then led me back to his dorm room with Nobara giving me a thumbs up when I turned back to look at her.

He opened his dorm room and I saw a table in the middle of the room. The lights were off and there was a single candle in the middle of the table. Red rose petals were dotted around the room in a romantic way with two dishes and two glasses of drinks laid out on the table.

Taking Megumi by surprise, I embraced him into a hug. He was slightly taken aback but embraced me back anyway.

"Megumi." I pause, purposefully making the air fill with anticipation.

"Y-yes?" He says, slightly nervous.

"I love it!" I beam.

He let out a breath I assume he didn't know he was holding in. I guess he was just glad I loved it. Then I smirked.

"Who came up with the idea? Sensei or Yuji?" I ask.

"Wha-" Megumi said, not quite understanding.

"The date idea. Oh wait, no, it was Yuji. There is no way Sensei would actually be helpful in a situation like this. He probably suggested a movie." I explain my reasoning.

"How did you- never mind, it was Yuji." Megumi sighed in defeat.

"I forgive you since it was a lovely gesture and you asked for help." I reply.

"What do you mean?" He asks me.

"Anytime you've needed help, you always solve things by yourself and never ask." I say.

"You were testing me?" He asks.

"Chigau. More like getting you to rely on your comrades more." I say, waving my hands.

"Oh... well your plan clearly worked." He said, darting his eyes around.

"Anyway, let's eat! I wanna try this meal!" I beam.

We both sit down opposite each other before I thanked Megumi for the meal, taking a spoonful of the curry. I could tell he was on his seat in anticipation to see if I'd actually enjoy his cooking. And it payed off.

"Oh my god Megumi this is amazing!" She beamed.

"Wait really?" He said, slightly taken aback.

"Yeah! You have to make this again! The ginger is subtle but I know you added it." I say.

"So you purposefully made a bubble tea with ginger in it?" He says.

"Of course! I knew you liked ginger that's why. For Nobara, she's always drinking passion fruit juice or mango or both. I just guessed for Yuji since apple is my favourite flavour." I explained.

"Makes sense." Megumi says.

We then continued eating the curry before it was finished. Man was it good. I was contempt so had no issues with it. After a few minutes, Megumi got up from the table and took the plates out with him. He asked if I needed a drink refill which I said no because I didn't.

After a minute or so, he came back with two bowls. He placed one in front of me and my eyes lit up the moment I saw what was inside.

"You made mochi?! How?!" I exclaim.

"Yuji told me you loved mochi so I looked up a recipe. That Sensei gave me." Megumi explained.

"Makes sense. He loves sweet things. I might need to make him some mochi someday." I think aloud.

"You need to make me something as well." Megumi says.

"And I will! I made you tea!" I say.

"Alright, alright. That's one thing." He says.

"Ok good point." I sigh.

"So... how was the meal?" Megumi asks me.

"Amazing!" I beam.

"I'm glad you liked it." He smiles.

"You smiled!" I point out.

He just blushed and hid his face.

"I had fun tonight Megumi." I say with a wide smile.

"I'm glad you did." He says.

"Let's stay this way. For infinity." I say.

"We can't stay together for infinity but I promise never to leave you." Megumi says, hiding a blush.

"That's all I ask for." I softly said.

This was all I ask for. Nothing more. Nothing less. This was perfect and I loved it.

The end.

Ahhh I'm so sad to bring this book to an end. I've loved the journey and am thankful for everyone who reads, comments, votes, and advice! I shall now be working on another book while also thinking of something to do for my 1 year anniversary!

Thanks again,

Author-chan!