Chapter 16

Your POV:
"Why is there a cursed spirit at the college?" Kamo asked.

"Who made the screen?" I add on.

"Probably a curse user on the same side as the spirit." Megumi said.

"Do you know something?" Kamo asked.

"That's the high-grade that attacked me and Gojo-Sensei before." I answer.

"It looks like the one from the report." Megumi says.

"Tuna mayo." Inumaki says, making a hand sign for "phone call".

"You're right. We should call Sensei." Megumi says.

"You can understand him?" Kamo asks.

"Is that really relevant right now?" I counter.

"The enemy might be able to use an "expanded territory". It'd be best to keep our distance and retreat to where Sensei... is." Megumi says as the curse moves behind both Megumi and Kamo, knocking the phone from Megumi's grasps.

"Don't move." Inumaki said, lowering his collar and aiming it at the curse.

Both Kamo and Megumi used various attacks on the curse to send it backwards but none had any affect on him. I sighed knowing it would be my responsibility to defeat the curse since I had the highest rank. Going by the fact this curse could be the same as the one before, I think the screen was meant to keep Gojo-Sensei out. But if that were the case, why am I allowed in? I'm the same rank as Gojo-Sensei so surely I pose the same threat to them as Gojo-Sensei does to them.

Megumi then went in and attacked with a katana. It was still unscathed.

"Stop this foolish children." The curse says.

I couldn't understand what it was saying but I could at the same time. This is confusing.

"All I want is to protect the planet." It continued.

"Don't pay any mind to it." Kamo said to me and Megumi.

"It's not on the same level as when a low-grade does it..." I trail off.

It kept rambling on and on before we realised. It had created its own language system. Meaning Inumaki would practically be useless against it.

We all started running away from the curse as the roots began growing.

"Are you okay, Inumaki?" Megumi asks as we started running.

"Salmon." Inumaki replies as he drank some cough syrup.

"It's coming!" I declare.

"Stop." Inumaki said as the curse started sprouting these weird balled-up roots.

"White lotus." Kamo said, using his own technique.

"Dancing flames." I add on.

I wasn't sure what would work so just chose my flaming bow and arrows. It was my best shot as of now.

"That'll heal in no time." Kamo said.

"We need a back-up just in case this plan don't work. If need be, you three retreat and leave me to handle it." I declare.

"Why leave you behind?" Kamo asks.

"Because..." I say, not sure how to answer.

"Because she's stronger then all three of us. And she has the highest rank." Megumi says as we were on the rooftops outside.

"Rank means nothing." Kamo says.

"Can any of you do domains?" I ask.

They all stayed silent.

"You probably didn't even notice me do one earlier then." I comment.

"Huh? So you were the one who froze the water." Kamo said.

"Inumaki is going to stop it. You have nothing to fear." Megumi said, half changing the topic, half reassuring his Shikigami.

My phoenix was still circling above and attacking whenever Megumi's Nue attacked. It was reading the attack patterns. Inumaki went to speak but started coughing up blood next to Megumi. The curse had also pierced Megumi's Nue, meaning it couldn't be used right now. This meant Inumaki reached his limit first.

Kamo got struck and sent flying by one of the curses attacks. This was bad.

"Are you still alive, Kamo?!" Megumi shouts.

Inumaki then stood up, placing a hand on Megumi's shoulder. He was going overboard and he knew it. But yet he still continued.

"Blast off." Inumaki said to the curse.

But then he started coughing again. I sensed someone else's presence and saw Maki appear from behind the curse, striking it as me and Megumi go in, aiming for the branches in the sockets of its eyes.

"Now that katana isn't bad." The curse comments.

"We have something better." Maki said as Megumi pulled a three sectioned weapon from a shadow puddle on the floor.

"Using this feels pretty disgusting though." Maki says as she hold the three sectioned staff.

At least we were getting somewhere. I think.

"Jade hound. Kon." Megumi said, summoning a larger version of his hound.

The hound was set on the curse along with me fox as the two of us hid in the forest. But the Shikigami were distractions as Maki attacked it from behind and me and Megumi from the front.

"Maki-san!" Megumi shouts as him and Maki exchange weapons.

Once we had all retreated back slightly, Megumi began complaining about the staff.

"Please never make me use a three-section staff again!" Megumi said.

"They're useful once you get used..." Maki said, trailing off.

"Megumi!" Me and Maki exclaim in unison when one of the curses roots embedded itself in Megumi.

"Maki-san! Y/N!" Megumi exclaimed.

Megumi's Kon went to attack before dispersing. Did he destroy it? No, his technique ran out.

"You might want to avoid using cursed energy. Those buds love cursed energy. The roots will spread deeper then more you try to use techniques." The curse says.

"Thanks for telling me. But you're gonna still kill me anyway, right?" Megumi says.

Both me and Maki charged at the curse. Maki attacking with her staff and me with my bare hands. Just enveloped with my technique. I didn't have my katana because I wasn't allowed to use it and since there are birds everywhere watching our every moves, I couldn't summon my shadow circle armoury like Megumi did earlier.

"Megumi stop. Out work is done. We're switching players." Maki said, trying to break free from the curses roots that were holding her.

"Can you do it? Itadori, my friend?" Todo asks.

"Yeah!" Itadori exclaims.

No way am I backing down now.

Slightly shorter then normal because it felt right to end it here. Woohoo! Quadruple update. Bet you're all like "I can't keep up!"