𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

After deeming that we cadets didn't do too bad of a demonstration, Shadis sent us off to go have lunch in the mess hall. We all herded into a large group, starting to file into the dining hall but a stoic shorty caught my eye right before I went through the doors.

"I'll be right in," I say to Jean who was still by my side. He just nods with a distant look, walking after the others.

I see Levi make his way around the corner to who knows where and sprint after him.

"Levi!" I yell out, startling the short captain, making him turn towards me with a dry look. I launch into his arms with a wide smile, wrapping my arms and legs around him like a bear.

"Get off me, you little shit," he says monotonously, but even I could hear his smile through his voice. After a quick second, I'm thrown into another pair of arms.

I look to the side to see Hanji, their eyes sparkling in delight at my presence.

"Hanji!" I exclaim, burying my head into their neck. They laugh, grabbing me tighter to them.

"Hello dear," they say, their tone light and joyful. Levi watches us from over Hanji's shoulder with a glare. I stick my tongue out at him, making him flip me off in answer. I just roll my eyes sassily as Hanji puts me down on the ground, surveying my body. Even in just six months, I had already grown a bit taller, and let's just say some certain female body parts were starting to full out.

"Oh, how you've grown! Levi looks at her, she's so big and tall now!" Hanji says to Levi with their hands wrapped around my head in a loving manner.

"It's only been six months four-eyes," Levi mutters dryly. He turns around on his heel, stalking back to the cabin where the other regiment soldiers went. "I'll go get Miche."

My eyes light in excitement at the thought of seeing Uncle Miche again after so long. Hanji chuckles and pats my head.

They bend down to my height, hand still atop my head, ruffling my hair now. "So, Y/n..." Hanji trails off with a suggestive look.

"Yes..." I say, unsure and a little bit scared of what they were about to ask me.

"Have you met any boys you fancied yet," they ask with a lopsided grin. I rolled my eyes, pushing their face away that was leering closer and closer to me with each word.

"Shut up, and no. I don't have time for boys, right now, or girls," I add on at the end. Hanji gives me a look that says they didn't believe my words for a second.

"Oh yeah, what about that tall boy, the one with the long face," they say like they just revealed my biggest secret.

"His face isn't that long," I mutter out under my breath. "He's just a friend," I state while crossing my arms across my chest.

"Mhm, sure," Hanji says, dragging out their words.

"He is!" I nearly scream out, defending myself.

"Who's just a friend?" Miche asks, coming from out of nowhere. I gasp in surprise and immediately race towards him, filing my body onto his extremely tall one.

Miche chuckles from above me, gripping his arms tighter around my back to keep myself supported by him.

"Hello, little dove," he says softly. I grasp him tighter in my hold at his nickname for me, and my eyes start to water. It's been half a year since I've last seen my uncle, but it felt like forever. A few moments had passed and Hanji left, leaving me and Miche alone in the training grounds.

Miche puts me down, his hand placing itself atop my head. He peers down at my face that had tears dripping down it.

"Are you crying?" He asked, scared of what to do with a teenage crying girl in front of him. I wipe my eyes, ridding the evidence of the salty tears.