𝐭𝐞𝐧

We've been out here for what felt like forever; even with my stamina my limbs already felt like lead and new calluses were sticking out on my palms from how hard I gripped my blades in my hand. 

We passed through the ruined city; swinging over the corpses of the people who were at the wrong place at the wrong time; hopping over caved in homes from a titan's body; looking away from all the debris of destruction. Mikasa and I stayed behind our superiors as we flew down the roads, only attacking when told so.

I wanted to go ahead and kill on my own command, but Mikasa pulled me back sadly; I should've realized by now how perfect of a soldier she was.

The world had a somber look to it: the once clear sky, with a shining sun, was replaced with an atmosphere of murky clouds, only allowing a sliver of sunlight to rain down on us every few moments. The added smoke of the many titan corpses did not help either with the weather condition.

This really wasn't what I had planned on doing today, I thought to myself while completing my second kill of the day.

What I really wanted to do right now was get ready with everyone for our choosing ceremony where we would decide which of the three branches of the military we would join. And knowing from earlier, I would've been heading to the Survey Corps HQ with Sasha- turns out she was joining too- and Connie, along with Eren, Armin, and Mikasa as far as I knew.

I'm broken out of my thoughts when I see a weirdly sprinting titan behind us. Me being the first to see it I call out to everyone.

"Watch out!" Once I scream my warning we all swing up and stand upon the tall buildings that resided all along the city streets. We watched with wide eyes as it completely ignored us.

"An Abnormal," I whispered to myself, everything Hanji taught me about titans, before learning it in school at the Cadet Corps, came back to mind.

Abnormals might not go straight to devouring humans, but rather go astray and do unpredictable things that will cause great damage. They will either be speed walking, jumping, or running. Be very wary of them.

"It completely ignored us!" A woman screamed as we raced after it.

"Well, no shit, it's an Abnormal!" Another soldier screams, confirming my theory.

My eyes widened as we rounded the corner. Blocked by a wagon, there was a swarm of people waiting to pass through the small entrance to Wall Sina. What the hell was going on?

"It's going too fast!"

My attention goes back to my temporary comrades as they all held panicked faces, knowing they wouldn't reach the Abnormal in time.

"Oi, Mika," I say, gaining the attention of the black-haired girl. Her head whips to me and with only one look she understands that I'm getting at.

Mikasa immediately shoots ahead of the others a bit, making them all scream for her to stay in formation, but when she stops just ahead of them and grabs onto my arm, they quiet. Clutching onto my arm, and with her already speeding momentum, Mikasa flings me towards the Abnormal titan, getting me there in seconds- faster and than anyone, even Levi, could've gotten there.

I fly through the air, my body spinning in tiny arc-like circles with sharp blades in each hand, ready to land the killing blow to the titan. Once close enough I shoot my cables into the Abnormal's skin, causing me not to overshoot my shot, and slice through the thick skin.

Still not fully experienced with killing actual titans than cut-out wooden ones, a small spurt of blood coats the side of my body, making my skin instantly start to itch and slightly burn. I yelp and pat down on my steaming jacket and cape as the titan's body falls right in front of the sea of terrified people. I think one even pissed themself.