𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

I looked around the hallway to see it busy with an assortment of different nurses and doctors carrying in the injured soldiers from the last expedition, but from in between the sea of crowded people, I saw the blonde head to my uncle. His face was in a state of worry as he desperately looked around, Levi right behind him, subtly trying to calm him down.

"Uncle!" I yell out, pushing past the nurses milling around. Once I said that Miche's head whips towards me, his body visibly relaxing at the sight of me, but then tenses again at my battered face.

"Y/n," he says aloud and rushes past everyone. Before I could even get a few feet away from my temporary room he's already by me with his long strides, leaving Levi right behind him a few paces back.

"Uncle,'' I say again, my voice breaking as he swings me up in a hug, crushing my body.

"Oh, dovie," he says, his hand bringing my head to rest on his chest. My hands wrap around to his back, gripping his deep green cloak in my hands. He brings me back into the room, taking a curt double-take when he sees Jean, Connie, and Sasha standing up from my bed.

Miche pulls me back, his fingers wiping away the tears falling from my eyes. His body shudders when he sees the darker patches on my neck and face. "Dovie, what happened?" he asked, his voice trembling with restraint, controlling his hidden anger at who did this to me.

I don't know why but I start to apologize.

"I'm sorry," I sob out, clutching onto my uncle's uniform. I hear my friends' breaths hitch at my apology. "I'm sorry, I'm s-sorry!"

Miche crouches down as my body starts to slowly fall to the ground. "What happened?" He asks again, his voice more concerned.

I just shake my head, looking down as my hands come up to hide my teary face. All of a sudden I felt a wave of guilt washed over me as Miche kneeled in front of me. He wouldn't look at me the same... What if he blamed me?

My body shuddered with fear and disgust and guilt. I felt dirty under Miche's gaze; I felt ruined and used.

It's silent for a few moments, then I feel Miche stand up and walk over towards Jean and the others. I peek through my eyes to see Levi at the doorway with mixed expressions of confusion and worry on his face.

I turn my head to the side a bit when I hear Miche start to talk.

"What happened?" He asked my friends. I immediately turned away, blocking out Jean's voice as his head crept towards my uncle to whisper in his ear. 

"What?" I hear Miche seethe out.

Miche rushes back over towards me, his arms enveloping me again. His head digs into my shoulder, his voice coming out by my ear.

"I'm so sorry, dovie," he says, his voice cracking with emotion. I don't say anything as I hug him back briefly, meeting Levi's eyes as he stares at all of us in confusion, still not knowing what was going on.

Miche pulls back again, his eyes staring into mine. His hand grips my shoulder. "I'm going to be right back, okay? There's something I need to do." I just nod, not really knowing what he was going on about. Sasha comes over and helps me back to the bed, making sure I was comfortable under the covers before turning back to the others.

He nods back to me then turns to my friends. "You all, with me," he looks to Levi for a split second, pointing to him right after. "You too, Levi."

"Mind telling me what the hell is going on first?" He asks in a dry voice, his arms crossing over his chest, though I caught his concerned gaze from even all the way over there.