𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"How in God's name did I get ranked under Eren? Tch," Jean says from beside me, taking a sip from his mug of water. I snicker beside him, peering up at his gloomy face as he stared at Eren with disdain.

Jean looks at me with a dry look. "Shut up."

I swing my arm on his shoulder, resting halfway on him. "Oh don't be like that Jeannie," I say with a smile. "You know it's the last day we'll see each other for a while."

Jean looks down to his beverage, swishing it around in its cup. "Yeah..." He trails off. Taking in his damped mood I drop my arm from his shoulder and sit sideways, letting me rest my back on his shoulder while I busied myself with something in my lap.

The boy next to me doesn't move a muscle at my actions as we sit in comfortable silence while Eren's yapping his mouth off in the other corner of the room.

I don't really pay attention to a word he's saying until Thomas Wagner calls out my name.

"Hey, Y/n! Get over here!" I sit up from my leaning position on Jean, turning my head to the side to see the said blondie waving me over. Looking around I see Mikasa, Eren, and Armin already there with a few other people milling around as well. I stuff what I was working on into the pocket of my long skirt Mikasa gave me for my birthday.

Getting up, I pat Jean on the head, ruffling his ash-brown hair in the process. He just knocked my hand off of him with a scowl, making me flick him in the forehead. I'm about to walk off but Jean's hand envelopes mine, pulling me back for a short second.

"Meet me at the stairs when you're done with them," he says, dropping my hand and looking away, his cheeks tinted from the warmness in the room.

"Okay," I murmur out, slightly confused.

Making my way over towards Thomas I see my favorite brainless idiots on the way. Slinging my arms around Sasha and Connie I drag them over with me towards Thomas, Eren, and the others.

"What are you doing, Y/n?" Connie whines, trying to get out from under my arm while Sasha just snuggles into my side, but I think she's really just patting me down for any extra food I always carry on me.

"Just trying to spend some more time with my dear friends before we're separated!" I exclaim, pinching on Connie's cheeks with a large grin. He just slaps my hand away and manages to get out of my grasp when we reach Thomas.

"What's up, Thomas?" I say, rocking back and forth on my heels.

"Is it true?!" He asks, his eyes widening.

"Huh?" I ask back, confused now.

"That you're turning away your position to be in the MP for the Scouts!" He basically screams out.

"Oh that. Yeah, I'm joining the Survey Corps." I say casually, slapping away Sasha's hand as it came to my ass where my bread roll was stashed.

"How come! You ranked first! You'd just be throwing all your hard work away!" I look to the boy, taking notice of his abnormally large sideburns for a kid his age.

"Actually, no I wouldn't Thomas. I'd be throwing all that hard work away if I joined the MP," I say, making Connie groan next to me.

"Not that again," he mumbles out. I look to the boy and whack his round head.

"Oh shut it, Springer."

"Y/n's right," Eren says before us. "We trained to fight titans, so we plan to do just that." I switch my attention from a whining Connie, who was rubbing his aching head, to Eren. I smirk at the boy, and I walk over towards Eren, slinging my arm around his shoulders.