𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

A short while has passed and now all of us, excluding Annie who chose to stay with her choice in joining the MP, were all listening to Section Commander Ness as he showed us to the stables at HQ, introducing us to his horse that constantly tried to bite his hair off.

I watched the scene amusedly, rocking back and forth on my heels as I looked around, searching for any sign of Uncle Miche. 

Jean's elbow digs into my side, making me look at him.

"Go. I'll cover for you," he whispers to me with a knowing look as he watched me fidget from beside him.

"Really?" I ask with hopeful eyes. He just nods then looks back to the Scout in front of us as he yells for help as the horse continues to eat his hair as its afternoon snack. I quietly slip behind the others, making sure not to alert anyone of my presence, and walk into the HQ building.

Pristine stone walls and brown wooden doors met me as I walked through the corridors like I owned the place, making it seem like I wasn't supposed to be taking a tour of the place under a superior.

"Okay, now where would uncle be..." I trail off myself, stalking down the halls and looking into each corridor to the place. Maybe I should've stayed for the tour; I don't know jack shit on where anything is.

"Shouldn't you be with the others?" A low voice says from behind me. I turn around to see Levi there, a blank expression on his face.

"No," I say, lying smoothly. "Where's Miche?" I ask, changing the subject. Levi just rolls his eyes and starts to walk away, leaving me there confused as I stared at his retreating back.

He walks a few feet away from me but then turns around abruptly. "Are you coming, or what?" he almost hisses at me.

"Oh!" I exclaimed, running up to walk next to him.

Levi looks at me from the side, his eyes showing displeasure. "You're supposed to walk a step behind your superiors, kid."

I give him a look, scrunching up my face. "Ew, no."

Levi just huffs out a breath, completely giving in as he lets me continue to walk in step with him. We've been walking around for a few minutes and I was beginning to grow even more fidgety.

"Do you even know where you're going?" I say as we round yet another corner that leads down a long hallway.

"Shut it. Of course, I do," he says as we stop in front of a door. "We're here."

Levi walks up to the door, knocking on the wooden surface a second after. "Miche, Y/n's here," he says, walking away a moment later, waving at me from behind his shoulder right as Miche's door swings open.

"Y/n." I look up at my uncle's tall height, smiling as I see his small grin.

"Hey, uncle," I reply back, swinging my arms around his sturdy build.

"Hello, dovie. Are you cadets moving in today?" He asks, breaking away from the curt embrace. I nod, letting myself into his tidy room.

"Yep, we joined yesterday so now we're settling in," I say, sitting on the tiny couch in Miche's medium-sized room. The dorm had a small bed in the corner, along with a desk, bookshelf, and small couch- the one I'm sitting on- all on the other side of the room.

Miche just nods in response, pulling out his desk chair to sit in front of me. I look out the window to his room, watching the clouds pass by along the tree line surrounding the square out front.

"You're injured," Miche says, bringing my attention back to him. I look down at my still wrapped ankle to where my uncle's gaze was pinpointed on.