The Rath of Akito

"Kana, dear." Shigure said. He was nervous, it wafted off him in waves. "I'm calling the school today to let them know that you won't be coming in. Akito is requesting your presence."

Fear attacked my body, not only my own but Kyo's and Yuki's as well.

Kyo jumped to his feet, "no! I'm not letting you go there by yourself!"

The last time I met with Akito by myself after an incident, I was carried out unconscious by Hatori. Akito was angry about Tohru and Shigure had to to blab.

I shook my head, "we both know you being there will send Akito into a rage for sure."

"Do you want me to do your hair? It would show the head of the family respect!" Tohru said, jumping to her feet.

Was she clueless? Could she not sense the tension in the air?

"Like pretty hair would stop Akito." Kyo muttered.

Tohru came back down from her room with a hair brush and pins. She gently started brushing my hair, something my mom used to do. I don't remember her much, but that was one thing that stuck with me. The way her thin fingers delicately braided my hair when I was young.

Tohru put a small mirror in front of my face; my long orange hair was pulled back into a elaborate braid around my head, the gentle waves flowed down to the middle of my back. It was gorgeous. "I love it." I said quietly.

Tohru squealed and jumped around, "I'm so glad you like it! I can do your hair before school everyday if you want!"

I shook my head, this girl. "That's okay, but thanks. Aren't you going to be late though?" I said, looking at the clock. This caused Tohru to go into a tizzy, running around, grabbing random items to throw in her backpack.

"Thanks" Kyo muttered, grabbing the girl by the arm and dragging her out the door; Yuki following.

I sighed and stood up slowly. How was this going to end? Shigure handed my jacket, his anxiety wafting off him like a body odor. He was nervous for me too, his face remained stoic, but we both knew this probably won't end well.

The walk to the main estate was a short one, all the Sohma members lived on the same land however, there is the inside and outside members. Those on the inside know the zodiac secret while those on the outside have no idea. The main gates are what separates the knowledge; they remain closed unless you are expected. When I approached the elegant iron gate, it was already open; they expected me.

The main house was in the middle of the land; a large garden surrounded the house. It was gorgeous, filled with lilies, poppies, and roses. The maidens of the house tended to it daily, allowing it to thrive. When I was a child, I loved picking the flowers and giving them to Akito as a gift. Times were different when we were younger; Akito was kind and wanted to be our friend. It changed one day, Akito's bond became chaotic and the emotions were erratic. I remember the day like it was yesterday; I had a handful of flowers, giggling. I was excited to give Akito the bouquet. When I reached the head of the family's room; the chaos of emotions assaulted me like a hammer. I slide the door open and Akito stood in the room, throwing around black paint; Yuki was in the corner, shaking like a leaf. I couldn't feel his emotions because Akito's were overwhelming. Akito walked over and grabbed the flowers from my hand and smacked me across the face with them; the thorns on the roses scratched my cheek. I remember standing in the middle of the room, frozen from fear as the blood dripped down my cheek to the floor.

"Miss Kana?" one of the servants asked, startling me from my memories, "Akito is expecting you." I nodded and continued walking into the house. "Akito is in the main room." I didn't need her telling me, I already knew. The bond was like a chain, dragging me closer and closer. When I approached the closed doors, I could already feel the anger, it was like a dragon circling its prey before I even entered; causing me to gulp nervously.