Well This is a Horse of a Problem

"Let me go get some clothes pins, it's pretty windy today." I said, walking back into the house as Tohru started throwing the bed sheets over the clothes line for drying.

"Okay!" She said smiled, fiddling with the cloth.

I looked around the laundry room, trying to figure out where the bin of them were, the washer had a shelf above it. Grabbing the step stool, I carefully reached up, feeling for a box or bin or anything that could the stupid pins. This would be a lot easier if Kyo or Yuki were here, they were tall enough to reach or even see if they had this stool. Damn that Akito.

My fingers grazed along the edge of the shelf until they bumped a box. I quickly grabbed it and smirked when the movement made clanking sounds inside.

"I got them!" I smiled, walking out the patio just in time to see one of the sheets fly off the clothes line and into the woods below the house.

At the same time, Tohru squealed, "oh no! Don't go!"

I rubbed my face, of course this would happen today. The stress of everyone gone was bugging me. It was like there was an annoying itch under my skin that I could not shake not matter what. We had been keeping ourselves busy with cleaning the house, doing laundry, scrubbing the floors, organizing the bedrooms; but nothing kept my mind at ease.

"I'll go get it! Don't worry!" She called, running down the small hill into the wooded area.

I sighed, it wasn't late by any means, but the others have been gone for hours and all I can think about is if they were doing okay, if Akito was treating my brother well. The last time he was there, he got Akito so worked up that apparently Shigure had to stay at the main estate for over week to keep the family head calm. I just hope he doesn't do anything too stupid, this is our last night here before returning back to Shigure's and all I can think about is if something bad happens, we aren't near the hospital or anything that could help.

A sudden tug in my chest caused me to gasp, it was more of a yank than a tug, enough to knock me back slightly. I looked around, waiting; where is she? My legs had a kind of their own as my hands dropped box of clothes pins and followed the bond into the woods. I hadn't felt her in so long, she had been in the hospital the last few weeks and when she wasn't in the hospital she stayed far away from anything Sohma; until today. The bond was embarrassed, she probably shifted out of pain or exhaustion based on how far I've been walking.

I pushed past the final tree when I see Tohru staring at the horse that laid on the ground.

"Rin!" I said, picking up the pace to get to her side, "are you okay? What are you doing here?" I asked, the panic filling my chest. She was supposed to be in the hospital. I hated how she would just leave whenever she wanted, not taking herself into consideration. She never stayed where she was needed, her attitude might be stronger than steel, but her body was weak. The accident she had not too many years ago did a number on her body and mind; as well as her living situation growing up. Her parents seemed okay with having a zodiac child up until she was elementary school, then one day her parents snapped. We don't know how long the abuse was actually going on, but Papa had to intervene at one point and that's how she got placed with Kagura and her family. I wasn't there the day Haru found her on the street, but afterwards he came to Kyo and I, crying about how sad and sick Rin looked. Her and I weren't close in any means, she mainly stayed away from everyone besides Haru and whenever they were together, their bonds would lighten, soften like feathers of a bird- compared to her dark, sharp bond, just like her tongue.

The horse weakly lifted its head at me and rolled her eyes.

I rolled my eyes back, "I just wanted to know if you were okay?" I muttered, sitting down next to her head, frowning.