Whoops

"How long is Kisa going to be staying with you guys?" Momiji asked, sipping his juice box. Tohru, Haru, Momiji, Yuki, and myself were all eating lunch together outside, enjoying the nice weather.

I shrugged and looked over at Yuki, he took a small bite of his apple and remained silent. He had been very conflicted the last few days, constantly worrying about the smallest of things and then watching Tohru carefully.

Momiji frowned, his bond was filled with worry and anxiety. "I'm worried about about her mother. What if she doesn't want her back." He expressed, tears welling up in his eyes. That explains the anxiety, he's probably reliving his own personal experience with maternal rejection.

Tohru smiled, "I wouldn't worry about that, she called the other day. She is worried about her and wanted to make sure she was eating enough."

I smiled, Kisa had kept close to Tohru the entire weekend, following her around like a little duckling. Kyo seemed annoyed with her, but I found it adorable. If Tohru had to do something or go somewhere without Kisa, she glued herself to my side; silently watching me do my homework or help me with chores. As the days went on, her bond was less miserable, she still hasn't said a word, but the misery was definitely fading slowly.

"Oh yeah, Yuki. I'll be stopping by after school, I have a letter from Kisa's teacher to give her. I'm sure it will make us want to puke." Haru muttered, staring at the sky.

Yuki nodded and stood up as the bell rang, "we should start heading to class, we don't want to be late."

The rest of the day was dull, nothing interesting happened. Most the day was discussing the final exams in a few days, I wasn't even bonded with Tohru and I can sense her anxiety about the tests. Yuki didn't seem to care too much, he had his studies in order and my brother was the same. If there was something similar about them, it was that. They both had strong work ethics and didn't have to try too hard in school and still succeed; Tohru on the other hand, struggled in a few subjects.

Kisa was already sitting out on the porch when we arrived home, I could sense her anxiety as we approached. The anxiety shifted to disappointment when she realized Tohru wasn't with us. "Don't worry, she is just working tonight. We can go walk her home after her shift." I smiled, patting her head gently.

Haru and Yuki stayed outside with Kisa, while Kyo and I went into the house and started on dinner. We were used to this routine, passing each other the correct ingredients without words. My brother and I fended for ourselves so often before Papa took us in, and even then we still had to learn how to cook since he could barely boil a pot of water.

"Pass me that..." my words fell short as the sadness I felt from Kisa fully shifted to relief, my own tears welling in the corners of my eyes; those thousand pound bags of sand that crushed her chest was lifted away and it was like she was able to take a deep breathe for the first time in years. I spun around quickly and looked out of the open doors, spotting Haru holding Kisa, his happiness radiating off him; almost overtaking Kisa's relief.

"I want to change" Kisa's small voice said, the surprise causing me to choke on air. I had missed that beautiful voice.

Yuki looked down at her, "well she will always be here waiting."

He was talking about Tohru. She will always be here, waiting for all of us.

I was jealous of her pure soul, she was always so kind and thinking of others before herself, something I couldn't do.

I walked over to Haru and Kisa and smiled, wiping the tears away rapidly. "I love that voice" I whispered, pulling them both into my arms. Love vegan bubbling in my chest from four different bonds. It had been awhile they all had the same emotion. I blamed puberty and life and Akito.