The Beach Can Fix Anything

"I'm so excited for the watermelon splitting and the fireworks and the beach!" Tohru said, smiling as we drove towards the beach.

I spun around from the front seat and smiled, my brother was leaning against the window, while Yuki was on the other side of Tohru just flipping through a book. "Do you know how to swim?"

Tohru smiled, "of course I do! I hold my breath and paddle super fast! Kyo are you gonna watch!?" She said, her voice was super excited, filled with joy.

My brother looked away from the window and frowned, "you mean you don't know how to breath when you're swimming? You're going to drown?" He stated, trying to understand the girl.

I chuckled and spun back around, watching out the windshield. Shigure continued driving in silence, his face was blank but his bond was giddy. What was making him so excited. Yuki was also excited, but I could sense some nervousness.

I sighed and looked down at my phone, Kisa texted me saying her and Hiro were on their way as well. Apparently Haru is riding with Momiji.

"Are you going to be okay with this? This is going to be draining for you." Yuki said, I could see him closing his book from the rear view mirror.

I nodded, "I'm not going to miss out on summer fun. I'll make sure to take naps throughout the day." I wasn't going to be the party pooper that stayed home all summer or the one that brought everyone down because I wasn't having fun. The beach is gorgeous this time of year and I enjoyed the water, the complete opposite of my brother who loathed it with a passion.

I could sense everyone in the car was skeptical of my statement, except for Tohru; who was so giddy and excited I decided to tag along.

"I think you're going to have a great time, Kana-Chan."

I smiled and nodded, "me too." It will be nice to have a change of scenery. Making sure everyone is out of the Sohma family jail for awhile and let them not feel like they are constantly being observed or trapped.

When we arrived to the beach house, Shigure was quick to drop us off, his bond was elated; bonding up and down; side to side. Yuki and Kyo barely had the bags out of the car before he was reversing down the driveway and back on the road.

"Seriously, couldn't have even waited for me to grab the sunscreen?" I muttered, remembering that it was in the cup holder next to the driver side.

"Where do you think he's going?" Tohru asked, her hat flopping in the wind as she spoke.

I shook my head and grabbed my bags, "somewhere we don't want to be." He was going to the main estates. That was the only place that made him act like that. For some reason, whenever Akito was involved, he began annoying and anxious; excited to see the family head. None of us could understand why and I didn't care too much to investigate into it.

When we walked into the house, the owner had already turned on the air conditioning and left instructions how to use all the appliances. There were three bedrooms to the house- one of the main level and two up the stairs. Each bedroom had a connected bathroom which was perfect for us teenagers. The basement was fully furnished and had games and other ways to keep us busy on a rainy day.

The weight of a body jumped onto my back, causing me to chuckle as I caught them and pulled them into a piggyback ride. "Look cousin Kana! I bought fireworks!" Momiji said, holding the bag out in front of me as I held him on my back securely. Haru stepped around the corner; holding Kisa's hand and Hiro stewing next to them. Jealous little beast. I didn't need to have the bond to know he wanted to be the one holding her hand.

"Hey! Get off of her, it's hard enough for her with all this activity without you crawling all over her!" My brother yelled, pulling Momiji off my back.