/1/ "Sorry boss, couldn't resist."

Black Water

Some say the world will end in fire; some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.

-Robert Frost-

Liam, 17

He was standing on the edge of a roof, a hundred feet up and watching the world burn below him.

I was behind him, my vision blurry. I took a step towards him, black fire shot off from his back into the city, a loud explosion sound, and far off cries of fear hard to hear from the top of this skyscraper, even more smoke billowing towards the sky with the blood red moon.

"Can you hear them burning?" He asked. I walked closer to them, the boy with fire and the demon inside him. I couldn't speak, my voice failed me. He turned his head; his face would be beautiful if it wasn't marred by an ugly sneer.

"Soon..." He was suddenly in front of me; he picked me up by my neck and soon had me hanging over the skyscraper.

"Make your choice." He said, pitch black tears falling from his eyes. He let go, I fell into the city, I cried out. I was consumed...but not by fire.

But by Ice

I woke from the dream with a start, cold sweat dripped down my forehead. My door opened, my mother stood at the entrance.

"Honey? Are you alright..." She sat down next to me and pressed a hand to my forehead.

"Ah, you're burning up...fever dream? You were yelling..." I shook my head.

"I...I just had a really real dream is all, kind of scary...I didn't know I was yelling I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up..." She waved her hand.

"Oh don't worry about me love; we need to take your temp right now..." She left the room; I stared up at the ceiling.

I couldn't get that face, that beautiful, terrifying face out of my head. I swore I could feel his hands around my throat, the heat from the fire...it was so real. My mother came back in and took my temp, 100 even. She gave me some medicine and soon enough I was back asleep, but this time I didn't dream a thing. The next night I had the same dream, and the next, each dream as real as the last, for 5 months before it finally stopped. The dreams stopped, but the memory would stay with me forever.

The boy and his demon

4 Years Later

Zayn, 22

"He's close, really close." Harry said, eyes closed.

"Good. Tell Niall to keep watching and waiting." The man said, staring out the window into the city below. He always said he hated his office but the view 'makes it worth it'.

"I could bring him in easy enough." I said gruffly, my hand clenched next to my hip.

"No, let Niall speak with him. If he fails, then you can go and...persuade him." I shook my head, what a waste of time.

"Fine." I said, letting my annoyance slip through my teeth. The man chuckled.

"Patience son." I said nothing in response and followed Harry out into the hallway.

"Never seen you this hopped up before." Harry said next to me.

"It's him Harry."

"I know Zayn...you'll get to see him soon enough don't worry." He said, smiling like he always was.

"4 years of waiting finally going to pay off." I grinned.

Liam, 21

Fog was everywhere. I could feel it covering my body, feel it dragging a finger over my skin. The night was quiet, not a sound to be heard all throughout the town. It was a small town, a trucker town. A rest stop before the big city, before New York City. I stopped for the night, needed to rest before going into New York. I was heading there for safety; at least...that's what the letter said.