/4/ "Speak of the Devil"

Liam

"Do you see her!?" I yelled into the ear piece.

"No! Where are you Liam?"

"I think I know where she is! I can find her!" I keep flying, my ice armor carrying me over the city.

"Liam! You don't go alone!" Louis yelled at me. A glimpse, a shadow in a dark alleyway.

"I found her!" I yelled, diving down towards the alleyway.

"Washington Street, dark alleyway." I said, preparing to land.

"Liam don't..." The transmission cut off. I landed, snow was falling down on the street, and a single lamp post just outside the alleyway illuminated the snowy footprints.

"I saw you come in here." My distorted voice yelled. I walked forward, I could barely see.

"Did you?" a voice called back.

"I'm surprised you felt you needed to catch up to me so quick, I'm just an old woman..." Her voice was a little closer.

"Yeah, an old woman who likes to slit throats and cover people in butterfly tattoos." I chuckled.

"L-iam. Ge-t out..." Something was wrong with the communicator.

"Do your research; did any of you do any sort ofbackground check on the people I've...incapacitated? I only grew violent when they did."

"What does that mean?!" I snapped. Something came flying at me; it slammed right into my chest.

"Ahh, there it is." I looked down, a black butterfly was on my armored chest...and it was pulsating.

She stepped out of the shadows, her eyes met mine.

"Sorry love, but I can't be stopped yet, much too much to do." She snapped her fingers. The pulsating butterfly starting going faster and faster.

"Don't worry, this won't kill you, just knock you out." I looked up.

"LIAM GET OUT." Louis screamed into my ear. Pain in my chest, my ears rung as I was thrown backwards. I gasped for breath, my armor melted around me.

"Still awake! Must say I'm surprised." She said, standing over me.

"Oh, Ashton dear?" A boy suddenly appeared behind her.

"Knock him out and take him with us will you?" He nodded at her then hovered over me.

"Sorry bruh, this is gonna sting." Electricity zipped between his fingers. He pressed one against my temple, a stinging in my head, and then black.

1 hour earlier

"None of them have showed up." I mumbled to Zayn. He grinned at me and passed me a drink.

"Want a drink then?" The bar was fairly busy tonight, most were inside but a few brave souls were outside, soaking in the light snow that had just begun to fall. We were at the bar, Sophia was back in her hotel room watching the cameras, Niall was outside rousing people with a story (and being an absolute hit I might add), and Louis was sitting alone, on his third glass of wine and texting someone with an odd look on his face, like he was in pain or something.

"Louis alright?" I asked. Zayn looked over at him, then looked back and smiled at me.

"Oh he's fine, probably texting Harry. He usually makes that constipated face when he does." I laughed at that.