/5/ "Fuck you for smiling!"

author's notes:

this is just how I imagine Zayn and Liam looking in the fic. Secondly, this is a VERY big (as in important) chapter because ...well, you'll see.

well, you'll see

Chapter 5: "Fuck you for smiling!"

Zayn

It was like all that hard work, all the progress I had made with Liam, had evaporated into thin air.

"Liam..." I mumbled next to him. He turned and looked.

"What?"

"You ok?" He nodded and looked back out the window, not seeming to want to talk. I frowned, he wouldn't look at me, didn't seem to even care that I was desperate for his attention. Why? Why did he not want to talk? Why was he so...disinterested suddenly? Maybe I was over thinking all of this, maybe he just needed his space, and he had been through a traumatic experience, I should just give him his space.

"When you're ready to talk." I mumbled, squeezing his arm. He flinched when I touched him, I had to ignore the pain in my chest when he did and stood and left him alone in his seat, choosing instead to walk to the front of the plane and sit in the co-pilot seat.

"It's like he hates me again." I said, closing the little door so we could talk privately.

"He went through some shit Zayn, just give him time." Sophia said. I sighed.

"Yeah..."

"Watch your friends." I turned to stare at her with a questioning look.

"What?"

"That's what she had meant, what Bassett said to Liam in French, 'watch your friends'."

"Why would she say that to him?" She flicked a couple buttons on the plane.

"Maybe she wants him to not trust us, messing with his head. Or maybe..."She suddenly looked at me with a steely glare.

"Zayn, she knew we were coming, she literally stayed to talk to us, I mean...you get it right?"