Poseidon

It had been three days since Apollo had walked out on me during our 'make out' session. I'd tried to suppress the burning pain I'd felt within. Heaven knows I liked him and I had thought he liked me too, but I was wrong. So wrong. Letting him touch me was as a mistake. A very big one.

He didn't come home neither did he attempt to apologize for his behavior. He left. Left me to deal with the aftermath of it all. So, I went back to my daily routine. Binge watching movies and eating, and spending time talking to the only person in the world who'd care to listen–Zara.

It was one of the many days when I was in my room rewatching the vampire diaries when a hard knock on the door caught my attention. I climbed down the bed and hurried towards the door hoping it was either Artemis, Hermes or Apollo perhaps.

Pushing the door open i—"oh," I whispered. The little glimmer of happiness on my face diminishing.

"Not happy to see me?" He purred.

"Go away Posey," I sighed weakly walking back into my room when a strong hand pulled my arm back.

"Ow!" I scowled, "let me go, I'm not in the mood for this,"

He only growled before grabbing my waist and tossing me on his shoulders he walked away to his room.

"What are you doing?! Let me down!! This instant!!!" I screamed as fear engulfed me. We were the only ones at home and he was taking me to his room. I tried to wiggle my way down but his sturdy arms held me still.

"No. I won't," he replied candidly.

When he entered his room, my screams became louder and I pleaded–begged him to drop me but he didn't even answer.

He walked to his balcony, pulled the glass window open with a hand and jumped down. I screamed again as everything around me blurred momentarily and in an instant he landed.

He shrugged me off his shoulders to my feet and moved a few inches back, his face turning up in a scowl. I glared at him, chest heaving.

"Why the fuck did you bring me here?"

He scoffed "what do you take me for Hayley huh? Tell me. Why do you only think bad of me? I may not be Zeus or a god who reads the thoughts of mortals but I can still tell when one harbors pure disdain for me." He grounded out, his tone laced with scorn.

I stumbled back at his biting tone, definitely wasn't expecting him to say that. "it's not so, it's–"

"-It's what?" He snapped, "You think I was going to touch you tonight without your consent! You thought I was planning to take advantage of you!" He shouted. The blue in his eyes filled with tempest.

"I–l" I sighed, "why wouldn't I think that?! All you've done since I've gotten here is try to fuck me!! And we both know you're quite notorious with rape cases."

"Really?"he scowled.

"Yes! Medusa. You did that to Medusa!"

He chuckled coldly, "I only did that to get back at Athena. It was wrong and I admit it but never once, not even once had I thought of doing that to you. I only wanted to make you a little bit happy tonight. I've seen Hayley, I've seen how sad and distant you are lately and I thought I'd do something to help. But I was wrong," he ended brusquely before walking towards the sea.

"And why would you care?! Why would you care if I was–" I whimpered as his words hit me. I bit back a tear that tried to break through. "Why would you care if I was sad?"

"Because I care, about you."

And that word broke me. Maybe I'd been wrong, maybe I had chose to see Poseidon in a bad light. Maybe, just maybe he had a good side to him too. I spoke when he tried to walk away.

"Don't, don't go. Please."

I watched as his tensed shoulders relaxed a little and he turned back towards me. His eyes were calming gradually. In a blink of an eye, he was standing in front of me, I gasped shocked.

"How did you–"

"I'm a god." He shrugged, knowing what questions l'd planned on asking.

He pulled me towards the water and when he stepped into it, his entire body became somewhat transparent, blending with the dark hues of the sea.

His body took a liquid form, his head and shoulder only visible he wrapped himself around me and a shiver ran through me as the coldness of the water touched me.

"Relax. Give yourself to me, I'll take care of you. And I hope you can swim." He grinned mischievously.

With that, his whole body morphed into water and he dragged me beneath the sea. The cold sensation engulfing me.

I shrieked when I felt my body being submerged into the water and any hint of Poseidon disappeared under from clear sight. All I felt was a strong force pulling me down into the dank, dark depths of the sea.

Had Poseidon brought me here tonight to kill me? To get back at me for the way I'd behaved towards him?  I felt suffocated as the need for air ridded my lungs and the restrictions began to choke me.

Suddenly, sturdy arms wrapped around my waist with his breath tickling my face. He pulled me flush against his chest and clasped my hand around his trident that glowed in the water.

"Hold it jelly," I felt him whisper in my ear.

Startled and surprised I grabbed unto it exhaling and taking in a deep breath. What the actual fuck?! Did I just breathe? Under water??

He got in front of me and I could swear I heard him chuckle, "you can speak whilst holding my trident. Breathe too."

Really?! I could do all that?!

"How the fuck is that possible?!" I blurted out.

"Anything is possible with me. The fun begins, brace yourself."

With that, I felt him dissipate only for a strong current of water to push me out, tossing me up then plunging me deeper. I let out a scream of excitement when he continued on, again and again and again.