Chapter 17

Leo's P.O.V

Before Fred and George taught me about things in the wizard world I thought the mist was complicated. Then I learned about magic. It's nothing specific about magic that's complicated it's the whole dang thing. The concept of magic, the effect of magic, the way of magic, the everything of magic.

I realize that reading the binder that Tommy the bartender gave me probably would have helped and I sort of read it. I skimmed on most of the suff...half of the stuff...fine, some of of the stuff. They had to give me a little magic 101 for the bogart whatever I was working on. I figured this would be better than having to read the rest of the binder. I regretted it about five sentences in

I was able to fix the twins bogart machine. The easiest way for me to think of magic is like a power source...a very complicated power source. Actually the easiest way is for me to not think of it at all.

So yeah, after I finished the bogart thing I just kinda hung out around the joke shop. Fred and George hooked me up with some free stuff and I can't wait to use it back at camp. They helped explain some of the stuff in the binder Tom gave me. I also showed them the device that I hoped would find Calypso.

"Have you seen anything like it?" I had asked them.

They examined it closely then shook their heads.

"Negative mate, whatever this is it we don't have anything like it in our world" Fred told me.

"Sorry about that mate." George said.

I took the device back. "It's fine. Just wondering."

I now sit alone on the train going to Hogwarts. My chances of finding Calypso seem to be getting smaller and smaller.

Percy's P.O.V

I was walking to breakfast holding Annabeths hand. Leo was coming today and we were both nervous and excited for his arrival. Nervous, well, because it's Leo. Excited because, well, it's Leo!

The others were behind us. Something seemed a little off about them. Probably nervous about meeting Leo.

We walked to our usual spots in the great hall. Before we could eat Dumbledore stood up.

"Today another of the exchange students will be joining us. His name is Leo Valdez and he is from Hecate's school for the magically gifted." Dumbledore said.

This doors opened and in burst Leo Valdez.

Ginny's P.O.V

After Dumbledores introduction the doors opened and a boy ran into the room.

He was short and scrawny but like Percy and Annabeth he looked athletic. He had dark curly hair and slightly pointed ears. He was wearing a long sleeved white shirt, cargo pant shelled up by suspenders and a weird belt with pockets.

He ran into the great hall and put his hands in the air. "WHAT UP HOGWARTS?" He shouted.

He stuck his arms out and ran to the front of the room giving the delighted students high fives on the way.

I looked over at Percy and Annabeth who were cracking up. Ron and Harry were laughing too but Hermione was shaking her head in disapproval. The teachers had the same face as Hermione except for Hagrid who was trying hard not to laugh and Dumbledore who was chuckling.

Leo made it to the front of the room where Mcgonagall was waiting with a stool and the sorting hat. Leo sat down on the stool and held out his hands for the hat. With a pained face Mcgonagall placed the hat on his head.

"GRYFFINDOR" It shouted about 2 seconds later.

Leo got up, still smiling, and saw Percy and Annabeth who were waving him over. He plopped down right next to Annabeth.

"Hey blondie." He said giving her a kiss on the cheek.

We all looked at Percy to see what he would do. He laughed and clapped Leo on the back.

"Yo Perce." Leo said. He looked at us.

"Hey guys I am Leo Valdez, bad boy supreme." He said.

"Um, I'm Ginny and this is my boyfriend Dean." I said gesturing to the boy sitting next to me.

"I'm Ron." Ron said.

"Right. You two are Fred and George's siblings. I met them in Diagon Alley. They're geniuses." Leo told us.

"I'm Hermione." Hermione said.

"I'm Harry Potter." Harry said scratching his forehead.

By now I didn't expect a reaction from any of the exchange students but Harry was apparently. He tried to hide it but didn't do a good job.

I used to have a crush on Harry when I was little. He was cute, and nice, and he saved me. We were friends but he never noticed me in that way so I moved on..yet I still like him a little. But over the summer it's as if he realized who he is and he's struggling with it. I can see it in his eyes, that battle. I know the old Harry is still there, my Harry...

Leo had the same classes as the others so after Breakfast he left with the others to go to class and I left hand in hand with Dean.

----------------------------------------------

Not my best work. It's pretty short. Let me know what you like and don't like. Check out my other fanfiction, a cross between Heroes of Olympus and Once upon a time.