Chapter 4

Percy's P.O.V

The next day was a blur of packing and talking to Annabeth. gods, I missed her so much and I knew she missed me too. We were both counting down the days until she got to come to the quest.

Before I knew it, it was time to go to the Hogwarts express. Hecate had explained how to get on the train. I ran through the wall and passed right through as she said I would. I found an empty compartment in the back of the train and sat there. Not a few minutes later I heard a knock on the compartment door and looked up to see Harry and Ginny.

"Mind if we sit here? Everywhere else is full." Ginny asked.

I smiled."Sure, come on in."

They smiled and entered. Ginny sat next to me while Harry sat across.

"Where are Ron and Hermione?" I asked.

"Prefects carriage." was Harrys only reply.

I nodded in understanding. If my two best friends were chosen to be something special like Ron and Hermione were I would feel left out too.

Ginny's P.O.V

We sat there in silence for a while when the lady with the food cart came. "Hello dears, anything off the trolley?" she asked.

I didn't have any money to spend on food but Percy did apparently. He leapt right up and nearly cleaned the lady out. He returned and dumped the food in the space between.

"Alright guys dig in!" he said.

*

I was on my second box of Bertie Bots every flavored beans when the train started to get really hot really fast. We were all sweating in no time. The conductor announced that the cooling system was broken and so was the heater so it was going to stay this hot and possibly get hotter but we would be at Hogwarts soon.

I looked over and saw that Percy and Harrys shirts were soaked with sweat, they were dripping with it.

"Ewww. Guys your shirts are soaked." I said.

They looked down at their clothes. "Yeah your right, hey I have an idea." Percy said, with that he took of his shirt.

"That feels way better, Harry you should try it." Percy said.

Before Harry could respond the compartment door opened to reveal Romilda Vane and her friends.

"Hey Harry do you want to come down to our compartment to cool off-well hello I don't believe we've met? I'm Romilda Vane." she said suddenly changing courses from Harry to shirtless Percy.

"I'm Percy." said Percy who looked uncertain about what to do.

"Well Percy, you look hot there. We have ice back at our compartment." Romilda continued.

"Umm, no thanks. You should probably leave."

She looked mad but left anyway probably plotting ways to get Percy. At that moment Ron and Hermione walked in.

Hermione's P.O.V

It was burning. Ron and I were sweating like pigs by the time we found Harry and Ginny. They were in a compartment at the end of the train with none other than Percy-scratch that, none other than shirtless Percy.
I guess he took off his shirt to try and beat the heat. On our way back here we saw plenty of guys doing that.

"Hey guys, we're back from prefect duties." I spoke.

"Food!!" Ron cried at the site of a pile of food in between Percy and Ginny.