Chapter 12

Hermione's P.O.V
Earlier

My mind was racing with what just happened. Boys aren't supposed to be able to get to the girls dormitories. Another suspicious thing to add to their growing list.

I took my school books out of my bag and went out to meet the others. We met in the middle and waited for Percy and Annabeth but they never came out. We tried opening the door but every time we touched the handle it would get hot.

"How about we slip a note under the door?" Ron suggested.

"Okay, but we'll have to write it in Greek because of their dyslexia." I replied.

I took a while and I knew my grammar probably wasn't perfect but it was better than them having to figure it out in English. After I slipped the parchment under the door I turned to the boys.

"Now we're going to the library." I said.

"Why do we have to go there?" Ron demanded.

"Because that's where I said we would be in the note. Plus, I want to do research on them." Without waiting for an answer I walked downstairs and out the portrait hole, a few seconds later the boys came out.

We didn't talk until we reached the library. We took a table in the corner and I spread out a sheet of parchment I was carrying and got out my quill and ink.

"Why are we researching them? I get why Percy is suspicious but why Annabeth?" Harry asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Whenever your around doesn't it feel like there's something about them that just wants to draw you in. There's something about them that seems different, like a higher power." I said.

Harry and Ron thought about for a second then nodded their heads.

"It's kind of like they can't help it, they're flawless without even trying." I said.

"We get it. So we're making a list?" Ron asked. I nodded.

"About every strange thing they do and they can't read English very well so if they find it they won't know what it is." I answered.

I titled the page and put down the first thing I thought of.

"For starters the fact that they can speak English and not read and write it like they can Greek is weird." I stated.

"It's because they have a Greek parent." Ron says.

"Yeah, that's suspicious too. I mean what are the odds that both of them have a Greek parent and have known each other their whole lives. And why wouldn't they live in Greece?" I replied.

It went on like that for a while and Percy and Annabeth didn't come down. We weren't finished with the list but we got a good start. We had...

Greek- parents, speak it, mythology geniuses, knowing each other

Nicknames- seaweed brain and wise girl

Power-no on their age can or should be that powerful

The way they draw you in

Acting inhuman

After the list I got all the Greek mythology books the library had. I had a feeling they were connected to it because of how much they used their Greek parents as an excuse. If they asked me why I could say it was for Ancient Runes.

We had a few minutes before we had to go to dinner so I got started on one of the books, Greek Mythology and Wizarding: Is it Connected?

It is believed that the first wizards got there power from the Hecate, the Greek goddess of magic and crossroads. Others believe that the first wizards were demigod children of Hecate and that modern wizards are the descendants of those demigods. Some believe that half and pure bloods are the descendants of demigods while muggle borns are demigods themselves.

Hmm that never would've occurred to me. I knew the muggle born thing wasn't true. I know for a fact that my parents are my biological parents. I've seen my birth certificate and photos from the hospital.

Ron informed me it was time for dinner so I quickly shoved the books and the list in my bag and we made our way to the great hall.

We didn't speak as we were walking. We passed Lavender Brown and her group of friends. When she saw us she giggled and waved. I figured it was at Harry so we were all shocked when she said, "Hi Ron."

She turned back to her friends. Ron looked stunned, then his look of shock turned into a look of happiness. I should've been happy for him but all I could feel was this burning sensation in my gut. Was I jealous? I liked Percy.

We didn't see Percy and Annabeth at the great hall when we arrived. Right after we say down was when they walked in. They sat down across from us.

"Hey guys, sorry about not showing up. We fell asleep." Annabeth explained.

"So you got my note?" I asked. They both nodded.

"Yeah, thanks for writing it in Greek. You had iffy grammar but it was better than having to read it in English. We would probably still be upstairs trying to figure it out." Percy said.

We sat in silence for a while. Finally Ron spoke up.

"So when is the next exchange student getting here?" He asked.

"In a few days. We should probably warn you about Leo, the next exchange student." Annabeth replied.

Harry raised an eyebrow. "Warn us?" He asked. Percy nodded.

"Yeah. First thing about Leo is he's a huge flirt. Another thing is if you think I'm distracted and hyper sometimes I don't have nothing on Leo. The kid is like a ticking time bomb filled with energy just waiting to explode." Percy said. Annabeth nodded.

"He may be unfocused on somethings but he's actually pretty smart. You should see him when he's in building mode. That's another thing, he loves building, tinkering, engineering. He has this tool belt that he always wears that's enchanted to hold an unlimited amount of screws, hammers, nail, bolts, pliers etc. etc." Annabeth added.

I got what they were trying to say but I didn't really understand the need for them to warn us. I mean, he couldn't be a bigger handful than the twins right?

The rest of dinner was carried on in polite conversation. Ron and Percy were to busy eating to talk so most of it was Annabeth and I talking about Ancient Runes.

After dinner we waked to the common room. Annabeth was trying to keep her eyes open, despite the nap she was still tired. Harry, Ron, and I decided to stay up a little bit in the common room but Percy said he and Annabeth were going to bed. As I watched him walk up the stairs I couldn't help but wish that it was me with him, not Annabeth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think guys? Leo will be coming soon, if not in the next chapter hen the chapter after that. I had no questions for the characters. You central keep asking them, the characters love them.