Chapter Twenty - Eight

Sigh. This. Is. So. Late.

Hate myself, but I've been busy. Super busy.

Finished my yearbook application, but I've got so many projects coming on the way.

Another sigh.

Please enjoy.

Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts

I know I can't take one more step towards you
Cause all that's waiting is regret
And don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are
Running 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are

Chapter Twenty – Eight - Celeste

--------------------------------

“You look beautiful tonight,” Drake said as he led me to the entrance of the restaurant. My eyes widened when I read the red lit up sign that said The Oasis. Did he know how much this would cost?

Glancing back down at him, I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“That's like the seventh time you said that so far.” I said.

“It's because it's still true,” he replied, grinning brightly at me. A small blush rose to my cheeks, causing me to glance away. I adjusted the pink v-necked dress with it's pleated waistline as a distraction. “Oh, I almost forgot.”

Like a magician, a rose suddenly appeared in his hand. He handed it to me. “I hope you like it.”

“It's wonderful,” I said softly, my eyesight suddenly glazing over foggily. My mind suddenly drifted to the image of the blue rose Derek had given me, and all the meanings it held. This was just a red rose. A beautiful, plain red rose.

I bit my lip.

Why couldn't I stop thinking about him?

Blinking the memory away, I formed my hands into two tight fists. I needed to forget about Derek. It was for the best.

When we walked into the entrance, my eyes perused over the dim colored lights, the smooth red carpet, and the tall palm trees that stood in each corner. Black leather couches lined the side walls, occupied by waiting customers.

A man in a black uniform eyed us as we stepped up to the podium. Drake started to speak.

“I-”

“Need a table for two?” the man interrupted. “Of course.” Picking up something from the counter, he handed us a small black circular object. “The wait for a table is going to be around an hour and thirty minutes. When this thing lights up, your tables ready.”

My eyes bulged. What!

“Excuse me sir,” Drake tried to argue politely,” but I actually have reservations.”

“Is that so,” the worker replied boredly. “Well, I'm sorry. Business is really busy at the moment, so we've canceled all reserved tables for the next few hours. Unless you happen to be someone like the prince, you're going to have to wait till we have an open table like everyone else.”