Chapter Nine

-

You guys better love this chapter! I wrote 5 hours straight last night and one hour straight just now so this is the longest chapter, or at least one of the longest chapters, I have ever written. I'm glad to say that I think it turned out pretty well, but that's actually y'alls opinion.

Hope you love it! I know I did :).

And be warned, this chapter has more action then the other ones before.

Chapter Nine

------------

I froze, my blade clattering to the floor in surprise. I cursed at myself for being so clumsy. This would cost me big time.

The person who had spoke chuckled behind me. Quickly, I tried to reach down and grab the knife, but the person behind me kicked it away from my reach. I cursed at myself again.

"Didn't I tell you not to move!" he snarled. It was a boy, or a man, I knew that. No girl could have a voice like that.

Francesca suddenly yelled out in agony and I glanced at her. There was a knife being placed at her neck, a little bit of blood spilling out. I bit my lip. No matter how brave I might be, I got shaky when I saw blood.

"Now don't move, unless you want to see her die, understood?" I nodded. "I said don't move!" I froze completely, afraid to make another move.

The man moved away from behind me and toward Francesca. Her eyes widened as his face came into view.

"What?" she whispered in astonishment to herself.

"Hello Princess," the man said. "I thought that you died in Serenia? I guessed we thought wrong. Which was a big mistake. But, I guess we'll finish the job soon enough."

Francesca cried out again when the man holding her dug the weapon deeper into her neck. Tears spilled down her cheeks.

Damn, I hated not being able to help her and feeling powerless.

"To the Cape?" someone in the distance asked. I quickly flicked my eyes to the right, then back to the left. They seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. Their faced was covered by too much of the darkness.

The man who had been standing behind me nodded.

"Let's bid our leave." Then he turned to me. I studied his features as fast as I could. Light brown hair and piercing green eyes. I shivered. What? It was the kind of eyes that made you shudder, or maybe even in some cases, running for your life.

"Knock her out, please, and quickly. I don't want to waste time or raise suspicion about their absence." And with that, he turned away, and the man holding Francesca with the knife still pressed to her neck followed. I tried to take a step forward, but then something hard smacked against my head.

My head was suddenly dizzy as I tried to blink away the black dots dancing crazily in front of my eyes. I tried to turn around, but whoever had pounded the heavy item against my head did it again. This time, I collapsed onto the ground, the pain too much to ignore.

A pair of leaving footsteps were the last thing I heard and saw before I completely blacked out into a long silence of darkness.

"Celeste," someone said, but I ignored them. My head hurt all over and all I wanted to do was sleep. "Celeste," they repeated.

"Go away," I ordered. I was in no mood to be woken up. The concrete was beginning to get comfy... Wait... where was I?

I tried to sit up, but then it felt like an electric shock went off in my head.