Chapter Twenty - One

Ha ha, yeah, so Team Derek, or Team Drake. You'll just have to choose your pick because there may be some rivalry going on... And then again, there's also Team Jere...

The story shall start moving along quite nicely now :). I really can't wait to post the scenes that are coming soon, because I have a lot of good stuff planned. *sigh*. Wish I could skip ahead and write them, but I can't. That would just throw off the story. By the way, I need to see who actually reads these author notes, so please put -*- somewhere in your comment, but don't make it too obvious. And also, I already have everything planned, just to let you guys know, and I'm not changing it :), but reading your suggestions is still fun and gets my creative juices flowing.

Chapter Twenty-One – Derek

--------------------------

    The whole crowd went silent. Everyone, and I mean everyone, had their jaws dropped simultaneously, shock contained in each of their own emotions. It's like we were all playing a game of Simon Says.

    Some people displayed awe and admiration, while others had disbelief or confusion. Others just had a ton mixed together, that you couldn't even tell what it was. I was filled with joy and admiration. Celeste had proved them wrong, she had won. Just like I knew she would.

    And then the crowd went wild.

    People went into a frenzy, jumping up in excitement, or complaining that the battle had somehow been rigged, knocking down the chairs in the process. I immediately knew I had to get out, or I'd be trampled.

    Leaping up from my seat, I ran towards Celeste, away from the action, and so I could congratulate her. I stopped short.

    Celeste had her sword sheathed, and had handed Drake's back over to him. Her hand was extended outward, to help him off the ground. My jaw tightened. The way he was looking at her was way too closely for my comfort.

    Suddenly, I was at their side, and pulled Drake up from the ground myself, not wanting Celeste and him to make contact again.

    “That was a great battle,” I said with a fake smile plastered to my face. Celeste turned to me, her eye wide.

    “How was I?” she asked. My face morphed into a genuine smile, since I honestly thought she had done well.

    “You were great, Celeste, Drake had no chance of beating you.” I turned to him. “No offense dude. You were good too, but she was awesome.” I expected him to be mad, if not only a bit, but he replied with a laugh and a smile on his face.

    “Don't worry, I agree with you. Celeste was amazing.”

    Celeste blushed a bit, looking a little bit charmed by his comment. I slumped in defeat.

    “Wasn't Drake good too, though?” Celeste asked. “He really was a hard battle. I could see why everyone thinks so great of him.”

    “I bet everyone will be thinking the same about you,” Drake replied. “And if not, I will.”

    That did it.

    “Celeste, you should probably talk to Dad and the council now.” She nodded.

    “You're right. I need to go meet with them. That was a great battle Drake.” He nodded. “Are you coming, Derek?”

    But I shook my head.